Why a hardtop? Well this morning....

Started by m0jo, June 5, 2009, 15:23

m0jo

Before   s8) 8) s8)  

remember remember

it had removable fasica parked safely on the drive

and this my gf asked why i'd left my roof down.

pringly shivers down my spine "i didn't" i replied. this is what i found:

My quick fix
MR2 MK3 (import) - TRD Kit other mods pending

SimonC_Here

Aww that sucks.

No alarm sounds, nothing??

m0jo

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"Aww that sucks.

No alarm sounds, nothing??

Cobra immobiliser and alarm activated when the doors unlocked and open of course they slit the roof jumped in over the top and i lost my stereo   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

so hardtop and alarm on my shopping list proper gutted   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:

m0jo

does anyone have a contact number for CTP i can only find email and fax from there website   s:x :x s:x

spit

0208 144 2373

s:( :( s:(  Monstrously gutted for you.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "m0jo"does anyone have a contact number for CTP i can only find email and fax from there website   s:x :x s:x

You are going through the insurance thought aren't you? Tops are loads of money.
You could get one of the after market tops available. There was a thread about them in here somewhere. Try searching for "Robins" or similar.

alancdavis

So sorry to hear this,,,,,it just shows what low lfe scumbags are out there
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

aaronjb

Scum, absolute scum. Here's hoping they fall down a very large hole. Sorry to see that  s:( :( s:(

Always annoys me the amount of damage they do getting the thing out, too - it's not just a stereo you lose but the entire center console (or in the case of my Nissan, the entire dash!) and a roof.. Hell, it'd have been kinder on you if they put the window through instead, those are a lot cheaper to replace.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

m0jo

I'm going through the insurance because i'm fully covered thank god. So stereo, tomtom, central dash damage, roof all being replaced. luckily being a pic wh0re i have a before pic as a above so i'm not gonna accept any substandard bodge jobs or 'that'll be ok' attitude from the insurance/garage.

£150 excess i'm being charged for all the repairs

On its way i have a hardtop and new alarm hopefully there wont be a second time. fingers crossed

carl_evs

Mate - I am absolutely f***in gutted for you. Words fail me.

Glad the insurance is sorting it all out for you but I'm sorry they have to.
2nd Place - Northern Treasure Hunt

\'52 Lagoon Blue SMT - Likwidart graphics - quite a bit of other stuff...most homemade!!

Quote from: \"nelix\"Sold him my knob, fast payment, thanks

philster_d

Ouch, the stereo must have been pretty damaged too surely? removing it like that.

I worry they must have been an owner or something at some point to know that you can easily release the catches. Organised thieves or well practiced anyway.

Can the police fingerprint the catches? or I supose they wore rubber gloves (i saw it on police stop or something)

s:( :( s:(

m0jo

Quote from: "philster_d"Ouch, the stereo must have been pretty damaged too surely? removing it like that.

I worry they must have been an owner or something at some point to know that you can easily release the catches. Organised thieves or well practiced anyway.

Can the police fingerprint the catches? or I supose they wore rubber gloves (i saw it on police stop or something)

s:( :( s:(

i didn't drive the car until the police had been for this reason, they basically told me i had no chance though of finding whomever had done this. I agree not opening the doors and knowing where to cut with precision is strange.

s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

uktotty

Quote from: "aaronjb"Scum, absolute scum. Here's hoping they fall down a very large hole. Sorry to see that  s:( :( s:(

Always annoys me the amount of damage they do getting the thing out, too - it's not just a stereo you lose but the entire center console (or in the case of my Nissan, the entire dash!) and a roof.. Hell, it'd have been kinder on you if they put the window through instead, those are a lot cheaper to replace.

Have to agree, what a total arse!
Gutted for you mate and in my two years of ownership I have not had any issues like this.
Glad that you are fully insured, just hope your insurance company know what they are expecting to pay out for all this!
Did yo declare all the mods?

m0jo

Quote from: "uktotty"
Quote from: "aaronjb"Scum, absolute scum. Here's hoping they fall down a very large hole. Sorry to see that  s:( :( s:(

Have to agree, what a total arse!
Gutted for you mate and in my two years of ownership I have not had any issues like this.
Glad that you are fully insured, just hope your insurance company know what they are expecting to pay out for all this!
Did yo declare all the mods?

No engine mods other just the factory fitted kit so yeah, both irrelevant because its my roof and audio.

Fingers crossed it will all go smoothly, plan is to get the insurance to estimate the damage and i'm gonna try get a cheque off them for that value. All being well i can save some money by taking it too rogue who are quoting me up parts.

Best of a bad situ but lets see not getting my hopes up, priority at the mins security, might have to get fitting kit from CTP and hold out for a reasonably priced roof.

I'm actually struggling though to get in touch with them, i sent an email the other day and tried ringing today at 4? do they knock off early?

s:) :) s:)

scottish_turbo

Scumbags!

I hope all goes well with the insurance company and the repairs.

wbarrwebster

My heart goes out to you pal.........the bastards....One of the things I dread!!

and the Police ain't gonna get them, now there is a big surprise. The other surprise is that the Cops found the time to come round!!

B
W. B. Webster

normanh

omg I am so sorry to see that, its every soft top drivers worst nightmare and you will never catch the bas***ds is adding salt to the wound.

normanh

enid_b

you have pm. im sorry to hear your story. as mentioned it is everyones worst nightmare.

not trying to capitalise on your situation, but as you know i have one sat here ready to go. if you can get to bolton, i will fit it tonight.
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

phillywilly69

so gutted for you.your never around when these things happen are you-leaves you feeling terrible in the pit of your stomach.
thing is you say about a hardtop on its way ?-do u mean you are going to put hardtop on 12 months a year or keep it on and whip it off on sunny days ?
hope the scum who did this die sreaming of cancer,they make me sick

gavw71

Quote from: "philwilly69"hope the scum who did this die sreaming of cancer,they make me sick

+1  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

The b***ards have probably caused a claim of around £2000 for stuff they'll flog on for a pittance.
17" Team Dynamics Pro-Race 1.2\'s, TTE lowering springs, front & rear strut top braces, Markiii inlet pipe, K&N panel filter, CHE header, Magnex dual exit exhaust, Dastek Unichip, re-map by Noble Motorsport.

m0jo

Quote from: "phillywilly69"so gutted for you.your never around when these things happen are you-leaves you feeling terrible in the pit of your stomach.
thing is you say about a hardtop on its way ?-do u mean you are going to put hardtop on 12 months a year or keep it on and whip it off on sunny days ?
hope the scum who did this die sreaming of cancer,they make me sick

Pretty much mate it the way its gonna have to be obviously   s:( :( s:(  

Cars at the insurance company now, the rain seeped through the gaffer tape last night and pretty much drenched and stained all the interior   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  again spoke to the garage and i'm covered but my claims gonna be £££ renewel time i'm gonna need a shed load of lube.

and the stereo they stole as mentioned, is gonna be pretty fubarred as it was pretty well screwed in. Cant believe they forgot the iso cable for it. good luck to find a replacement Eonon at halfords  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

A guy on ebays offered me his hardtop for £450 he's selling the car seperate and says i can have the clips is it just the rear two fixings i need? i can cut the trim where needed myself cant i?

oh and do you reckon the roof will fit in a corsa with the seats down? lol

Anonymous

You need the two side striker posts as well, the hard top uses the same two front clips as the soft top, the two rear chrome attachements the ebay guy has mentioned AND the two striker posts at the sides.
You can cut your existing plastics to take the side strikers, they are pre scored already.
If you were not travelling far you could get the top home on the front and rear fixing points but personally i would not risk it.
If there is a member close to you with a hard top they may be willing to pick it up for you.
There is a parts list on here for the parts you need, easy to fit. You also need a seperate demister cable for the hard top.

ChuckyBru

B*st*rds!
Gutted for you... one my by biggest fears when the hard top is off.  s:( :( s:(
[size=85]Charlie
2001... with added
TTET. [/i]
My fuel consumption.[/size]

Liz

Ouch, sorry to see what has happened to you, hope that you get it sorted soon.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Tags: