153.9bhp

Started by uktotty, June 7, 2009, 18:36

loadswine

Oh dear!
I've been looking at some of the results from the guys over on twoBrutal and those don't appear to be far off what you'd expect from their setups, maybe a few bhp optimistic, but not miles out from others I've seen.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

custardavenger

Oh no they're not too bad other than they were giving crank figures rather than the actually measured wheel figures.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

aaronjb

Quote from: "custardavenger"I'm wondering if it was the skyline that was supposed to be turning up. Someone said it was the 4 wheel drive version but you could make it 2WD buy removing a fuse   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  . Maybe he totaled his diff?

Depends if it was an R32/33 (viscous center diff, IIRC) or R34 (electronic center diff) (there's a chance I have my years wrong and the 33 has the ATESSA-TS too).. oh, that's assuming it was a GTR, of course.

Mind, either way you'd be a bit nuts to put a 4wd car on a 2wd dyno if you were hoping for realistic figures..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

ChrisGB

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "custardavenger"I'm wondering if it was the skyline that was supposed to be turning up. Someone said it was the 4 wheel drive version but you could make it 2WD buy removing a fuse   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  . Maybe he totaled his diff?

Depends if it was an R32/33 (viscous center diff, IIRC) or R34 (electronic center diff) (there's a chance I have my years wrong and the 33 has the ATESSA-TS too).. oh, that's assuming it was a GTR, of course.

Mind, either way you'd be a bit nuts to put a 4wd car on a 2wd dyno if you were hoping for realistic figures..

I am getting old and senile I think, but didn't the R32 have an electrically operated clutch to hook the fronts up when the rears started to slip, or was that something else? 154 sounds a little high for decat / exhaust and AEM only. General consensus seems to be add 28 - 30bhp for flywheel figure with the MR2.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

uktotty

Quote from: "Ilogik"
Quote from: "uktotty"Thats what I dyno'd today.
Quite pleased

sounds good which dyno? and how much torque?

Does this show the torque?

custardavenger

Yeah peak torque about 140ftLb

Torque is the more horizontal of the two lines read on the scale on the right.
Project Custard Clicky

aaronjb

Quote from: "ChrisGB"I am getting old and senile I think, but didn't the R32 have an electrically operated clutch to hook the fronts up when the rears started to slip, or was that something else?

I thought (could be wrong, it's been a while) that the 32 (and possibly the 33) had ATESSA (same as the Pulsar/GTIR) which is mechanical torque bias between front & rear, while the later models had ATESSA-TS - electronic torque bias front/rear.

Like I say, could be wrong - maybe they all had electronic center diffs.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

NickNJ

Quote from: "markiii"in whihc case the dyno is over reading

yep, most dyno's do overread, you get what you pay for with a dyno.

I got mine done cheaply as part of an owners club and it came out at 139bhp, the car is totally standard and was using oil, with lots of hot air inside the dyno building.
Black MR2 Roadster

onion86

Quote from: "NickNJ"I got mine done cheaply as part of an owners club and it came out at 139bhp, the car is totally standard and was using oil, with lots of hot air inside the dyno building.

Surely being +1bhp on what it's 'supposed to be' isn't too bad of a reading? Although I suppose being 8 years old in a hot building, your car possibly shouldn't be 139.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

ChrisGB

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "ChrisGB"I am getting old and senile I think, but didn't the R32 have an electrically operated clutch to hook the fronts up when the rears started to slip, or was that something else?

I thought (could be wrong, it's been a while) that the 32 (and possibly the 33) had ATESSA (same as the Pulsar/GTIR) which is mechanical torque bias between front & rear, while the later models had ATESSA-TS - electronic torque bias front/rear.

Like I say, could be wrong - maybe they all had electronic center diffs.

Back in the day we had something apart and it had a chain driven clutch that engaged the front wheels when the rears started to slip. It was definitely Japanese and four wheel drive and as I have never seen a Pulsar stripped down, it was not one of those. Just had a feeling it was the R32 but could be wrong.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

NickNJ

Quote from: "onion86"
Quote from: "NickNJ"I got mine done cheaply as part of an owners club and it came out at 139bhp, the car is totally standard and was using oil, with lots of hot air inside the dyno building.

Surely being +1bhp on what it's 'supposed to be' isn't too bad of a reading? Although I suppose being 8 years old in a hot building, your car possibly shouldn't be 139.

Yeah in reality cars rarely make the figures quoted out of the factory, factor in loss of bhp over the years amongst other things and it shouldn't have been anywhere near 138. Most RR are just a guestimate so pretty pointless.
Black MR2 Roadster

aaronjb

Quote from: "ChrisGB"Back in the day we had something apart and it had a chain driven clutch that engaged the front wheels when the rears started to slip. It was definitely Japanese and four wheel drive and as I have never seen a Pulsar stripped down, it was not one of those. Just had a feeling it was the R32 but could be wrong.

You could be right - I know the center 'diff' is 'intelligent' on the 33 & 34, so I suppose it stands to reason  s:) :) s:)  - I always sort of ignored the R32, as I think it looked rather like a Mondeo  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  (always wanted an R34, though)

northernalex

Quote from: "markiii"in whihc case the dyno is over reading

That was my thought too.. With TRD panel filter, downpipe, h+s exhaust and emanage I was on 145bhp.
evileye_xc said:
"I already saw it. I\'m hoping to gain the record for the \'Person who is most quoted in signatures"

uktotty

Then maybe you should do the mods I did, you can get 153.9 then!  s:) :) s:)

tom_deas

Quote from: "uktotty"Then maybe you should do the mods I did, you can get 153.9 then!  s:) :) s:)

get in
[size=85]Che Manifold, Che Elise twin-centre Exhaust, Che RU Strutted, Eonon DoubDin 7" Touchscreen DVD player, yellow calipers, the tramp I ran over in my old car still following me around waiting to dive in front of me again.                   <---- you think im kidding?![/size]

Quotedo you want an ultra lightweight pulley to go with your "turbo" badge? if you treat me real nice i can tell you where on your car to put the turbo badge to get the full 20bhp gain! don\'t f*ck about, put the kettle on

evileye_wrx

How about an ROC Dyno Day? We haven't had one of those in years.

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

custardavenger

Quote from: "evileye_xc"How about an ROC Dyno Day? We haven't had one of those in years.

Phil

Why you feeling confident then Phill?
Project Custard Clicky

DannyN

Quote from: "custardavenger"
Quote from: "evileye_xc"How about an ROC Dyno Day? We haven't had one of those in years.

Phil

Why you feeling confident then Phill?

I think power/money spent then Phil could be sitting quite pretty

(money spent on engine mods only mind    s:lol: :lol: s:lol: )
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

evileye_wrx

Confident once the charge cooler and PFC are done.... and tuned   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Tho now there are some big BIG boys out there who will easily make silly numbers once they are sorted

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

loadswine

Driveability is the key Phil, and that's what the PE delivers. On the twisties its just smiles all the way.
Guess we had better get your plumbing for that chargecooler sorted then.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Tags: