Wiring up the rears? (stupid question, please ignore :D )

Started by Thudd, June 26, 2009, 14:08

Thudd

OK so I got the IO Connect working great with the T Harness and modified IO wiring (to force 2channel mode).

It's great and I'm getting decent sound, but i'm missing the rears.

Can anyone advise which wires in the HU harness correspond to the rear speakers?
My HU looks like this:

And my T harness is a CT10TY01:

Am not scared of inserting connector blocks etc tho it's a fiddle down the back of the HU   s:D :D s:D  

Cheers!

uktotty

There are no rear speakers, its a 2 door car

Thudd

LOL I actually just went and checked to prove you wrong, and, er   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  .

I'd assumed that because there was a "Fader" option on the HU it was actually doing something. Obviously it's just a standard HU from the parts bin.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

I'll get my coat. Sounds like it's just a bit of bass and midrange it's missing then   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

uktotty

That noise you can hear from the back of the car is the ENGINE!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

aaronjb

I have this feeling the 'subloom' even has the wiring for rear speakers - but I don't think the body-side loom does.. Yup - parts-bin special  s;) ;) s;)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Thudd

Engine? Couldn't hear it, I had the hood up...

I keep looking at those nasty Ripspeed underseat bumrattler subs and getting shouted at by The Mrs   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

pada1462

There is wiring at the stock '03 Masushita HU for rears, you just need the speakers the wiring diagram is on here somewhere, IIRC its the small middle block at the bottom and the speakers go to the left and right pair of connectors, top ones look to be +ve and bottoms -ve but I cant see which way round they are for left and right. . I fitted twin stereo speakers  in my seat headrests (2" full range 8Ohm in parallel pairs from Tang Bang) as I didn't want to lose the bin space. I ran the wire under the carpet to the centre console and then under it before dropping out both sides to the seat base, up inside the seat cover and to the headrest with a small hole at the top to feed to the hand made mdf speaker mount.

Paul
Paul

\'54 Black Roadster with Hardtop +AC

Anonymous

Thought you were taking the mick,was going to answer have you tried the connectors at the side of the back seats.

Thudd

No, I'd genuinely never looked. The IO Connect seems to have a narrower soundstage than the stock stereo for some reason. Maybe because I've not got the ability to turn the bass up 3 clicks   s:D :D s:D  
Am trying to force myself to live with it for now, but it's bugging me that i'm just getting tunes round my feet.

uktotty

Have you tried a head unit with DSO, its mad it raises the height of the sound in the car.

Thudd

Going to put up with this for now. If i've still got the car next year I might fit a new HU.
I tend to get bored with cars quickly when I stop being scared of them   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
Past form suggests I rarely keep a car over 18months...

Tags: