standard brake parts

Started by ad_car_08, June 30, 2009, 14:52

ad_car_08

Hi,

Sorry to be a pain   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

I'm scouring the internet to find the cheapest price on a decent set of discs and pads.
I'm not going to be using my '2 on the track, and I don't particularly "dog it" (for fear of the engine complaining and emptying my bank account, more than anything!) so I'm not looking for carbontech or brembo etc etc
After reading a few posts about the standard setup being pretty spot on, I found this website and navigated myself to this page;

http://www.brakepartssuperstore.org.uk/contents/en-uk/d11763.html

Thing is, it doesn't tell you what brand of discs or pads they are, or whether it's standard replacements...do any of you know off the top of your knowledgable heads (ooo can you smell the brown nosing?!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ) whether they are standard replacements from the part numbers?

BPS2668 Front pads

BDS5780 Front discs

BPS1384 Rear pads

BDS5948 Rear pads

Thank you kindly  s:D :D s:D
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

roger

Brakes are important.

Personally I would spend the money on branded goods, BPS is obviously their own brand - you may get a bargain or you may get some rubbish. Do you want to be the one to find out?
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

markiii

unless I was improving a specific area, I'd stick with OEM parts, they aren;t that expensive and the quality is top notch
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Wabbitkilla

Try Cheapt Toyota parts, one of the affiliates.
They'll be Toyota items so garaunteed quality, and shouldn't be too expensive.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

ad_car_08

ah, shame thats not standard toyota parts   s:( :( s:(   they were a steal!

Quite agree Roger, thanks all for your responses  s:D :D s:D
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

Tags: