Which exhaust fabricators?

Started by custardavenger, June 30, 2009, 19:15

custardavenger

Hi chaps, Was hoping to get some suggestions on where to get a custom exhast fabricated. Specificaly a manifold, but maybe the rest of the system later on.

Also is it worth me bringing back a exhaust flange from MWR when I go to the US. Surely it's got to be cheaper than them getting one lazer cut?
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

markiii

in your shoes I'd go for teh zero or PPE
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

custardavenger

Ok Zero looks worth a contact.

Mark, After something very different to Stock so that the exhaust is as far away from the supercharger as possible. Want to go over the top of the rear beam.
Project Custard Clicky

markiii

by rear beam do you mean the rear cross member (which you redesigned) or asthe one teh engine lid latches onto?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

custardavenger

Sorry the cross member, Thing what the suspension bolts to.
Project Custard Clicky

aaronjb

Quote from: "custardavenger"Sorry the cross member, Thing what the suspension bolts to.

Ah you mean the bit that goes rusty and falls to pieces..

We're all down with the technical terms in here, aren't we!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Quote from: "markiii"or asthe one the engine lid latches onto?

By 'eck Mark, that'd be one thin exhaust..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

custardavenger

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "custardavenger"Sorry the cross member, Thing what the suspension bolts to.

Ah you mean the bit that goes rusty and falls to pieces..

We're all down with the technical terms in here, aren't we!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Quote from: "markiii"or asthe one the engine lid latches onto?

By 'eck Mark, that'd be one thin exhaust..

Yeah thats the bugger. I must sort the rusty crack in that some time. But what to do with it.

Somewhere else I looked at was Zorstec. Any other suggestions?
Project Custard Clicky

DannyN

Kevin (the guy over at Zero) is very helpful and very knowledgeable about fabricating exhaust I can definitely recommend him
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

aaronjb

Well there's always H&S, though based on past experience their prices for custom one-offs are truly eye watering (and I mean truly!).. good stuff but dang.

On the flange front - I'd bring one back if I were me, you're right it's got to be cheaper than getting a one-off cut. Come to think of it, think you could bring... more than one back?   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

DannyN

I dont think Zero was very cheap for custom stuff, the only reason our manifold has come down in price is because a couple of us have now bought it.
I think he quoted well over a grand to Spit for a turbo manifold IIRC

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

custardavenger

Quote from: "aaronjb"Well there's always H&S, though based on past experience their prices for custom one-offs are truly eye watering (and I mean truly!).. good stuff but dang.

On the flange front - I'd bring one back if I were me, you're right it's got to be cheaper than getting a one-off cut. Come to think of it, think you could bring... more than one back?   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

I could. Need to work out how many bags I can take though. Was thinking I could get it port matched to a head before the manifold was made up as well.

(there will be a post in my thread about what else to bring back   s:D :D s:D  )
Project Custard Clicky

aaronjb

Yep Danny - I got a quote from Zero for about the same.. In fact mine was to copy an existing manifold, and it was about that - while H&S were well over a grand.

DannyN

Shiny tho  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

HEY Aaron your back!  Havent seen you for ages, thought it was because I was using safari on my Mac

[/size]

custardavenger

Wow Thats the sort of price i was getting quoted for a complete system last year. Well £1300 ish. Still worth popping in for a quote and some advice.
Project Custard Clicky

DannyN

Advice was really good, even if I didnt understand most of it

[/size]

evileye_wrx

There is always AAS up in Newcastle who did mine. If anyone up here asks about exhausts they are pointed to AAS as first choice. They too are expensive, my turboback exhaust was £550 and they turn down a lot of work because they are so busy. And the guy in charge is a bit of a dick but certainly knows his stuff.

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Tags: