Hesitant pickup

Started by 1000 PR, July 8, 2009, 16:28

1000 PR

Hi. My 2001 Roadster has developed a slow and hesitant pickup on acceleration from rest, so at junctions I now have to remember to blip the throttle first otherwise the car seems to go into limp mode and takes ages to get going.  The engine appears to be ticking over normally and I have cleaned the MAFF and filled up with V-Power to try curing the problem. It's ok from cold when the engine is running at higher revs to start with but not when the engine has warmed up and is running at normal tickover. Any ideas?

muffdan

screwed MAF or screwed O2 sensors would be my guess, I'd try and find a local member who's prepared to let you try their sensors to narrow down the problem.

Jason
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Anonymous

No CEL?

uktotty

Bring your car to the southern softees run on Sunday 12th and we can have a look at it for ya!

Wabbitkilla

Not going to be O2 sensor!
Could be a faulty MAF, dirty air filter, or sticky IAC.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

1000 PR

Ok thanks guys. I am coming to the Southern Softies Run but will be sitting alongside Sarah in her green Roadster as it seems decadent to bring a car each!  My car is due for a annual service so maybe this will sort it out. The 02 sensor went last year and I fixed it with the resistor bodge which at least cured the CEL but hopefully isn't causing the hesitancy. . . . ?

muffdan

The sensor heater not working won't be causing the hesitancy. See you Sunday, it looks like the frogs will be well represented!

Jason
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

markiii

Quote from: "1000 PR"Ok thanks guys. I am coming to the Southern Softies Run but will be sitting alongside Sarah in her green Roadster as it seems decadent to bring a car each!  My car is due for a annual service so maybe this will sort it out. The 02 sensor went last year and I fixed it with the resistor bodge which at least cured the CEL but hopefully isn't causing the hesitancy. . . . ?

whihc sensor did you bodge?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

1000 PR

The top right hand bank 02 sensor was at fault

Tags: