Where's my oil

Started by Anonymous, July 12, 2009, 22:16

Anonymous

Ok so the reports in.

NOT precat failure thank god lloks like a seal at the top of the gasget has gone and when the enginge is running the pressure is causing the oil to be lost through the seal.  My garage did note i have some play in the steering so when the new MOT was put on when i purchased the car no advisories my A***s! But that is all being covered too!  s:D :D s:D

Contacted the warranty people and have to get the car stripped to be repaired but looks like im all cover a great relieve i can say.

markiii

hmm whihc gasket are we talking about here?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

spit

I'd guess you'd be able to see it at a rate of half-a-sumpful per 230 miles   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  odd. Unless its valve stem seals, but they'd have to be pretty fubarred!
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"hmm whihc gasket are we talking about here?

Not sure as i'm no machanic but as your look at the engine its on the left hand side at the rear near the timing belt??

muffdan

dude, there's no timing belt and if they mean the auxiliarly belt, that is on the right as you look at the engine from the rear of the car!

Glad your pre-cats are still there but get them whipped out asap as if oil is being burned, they'll fail sooner or later.

Jason
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

markiii

sounds like they mean tehtiming chain tensioner cover

and if you were losing that much oil through there, there is no way you wouldn't have seen it
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "muffdan"dude, there's no timing belt and if they mean the auxiliarly belt, that is on the right as you look at the engine from the rear of the car!

Glad your pre-cats are still there but get them whipped out asap as if oil is being burned, they'll fail sooner or later.

Jason

believe one of the first things on my list just gotta get the work sorted on warranty.

Tags: