Main Cat Question

Started by Anonymous, July 31, 2009, 21:49

Anonymous

Most people on here know my car and the mods I've done, but I've decided to put a cat into the SP de-cat pipe I currently have fitted - Danny is also thinking the same. I'm just tit's off with all the messing about come MOT time.  s:flame: :flame: s:flame:  

The question I'm wondering about is how much performance will I lose, currently running 168 BHP and 150 lb ft torque (that's what you should have Chris   s:D :D s:D    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ), also will the car pass an MOT without a re-map or will that be required before MOT - I'm justing thinking of timing more than anything else, if I can get it through first then replace a few things then have a good re-map after.

I'm going to have this fitted by Kevin at Zero, he can get me a full FIA race approved 200 cel cat for £180 plus fitting and he recons that it will have little affect on the BHP and might improve torque.

Any way if any one as any thoughts always welcome to hear them.  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

Thanks
Rob.

Wabbitkilla

Do you think he can produce it before my manifold is ready?  s:x :x s:x  

Hmmm, i would've thought it would need another tune after fitting to get it all running right and emissions in limits.
No idea what power loss ... or rather difference you're facing, but if it's race spec i'm guessing not much.

But i would definitely be interested in seeing the results.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Do you think he can produce it before my manifold is ready?  s:x :x s:x  

I've had words with him about that - it's all cut ready for assembly next week  s:D :D s:D   Plus Danny's shield  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

I'll probably go down to him with the pipe and go through it with him.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Rob

ChrisGB

Quote from: "FGRob"Most people on here know my car and the mods I've done, but I've decided to put a cat into the SP de-cat pipe I currently have fitted - Danny is also thinking the same. I'm just tit's off with all the messing about come MOT time.  s:flame: :flame: s:flame:  

The question I'm wondering about is how much performance will I lose, currently running 168 BHP and 150 lb ft torque (that's what you should have Chris   s:D :D s:D    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ), also will the car pass an MOT without a re-map or will that be required before MOT - I'm justing thinking of timing more than anything else, if I can get it through first then replace a few things then have a good re-map after.

I'm going to have this fitted by Kevin at Zero, he can get me a full FIA race approved 200 cel cat for £180 plus fitting and he recons that it will have little affect on the BHP and might improve torque.

Any way if any one as any thoughts always welcome to hear them.  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  

Thanks
Rob.

Reckon you would lose 2 or 3 bhp at most. Race cats are 100cel. 200 is road cat with minimal restriction. It is going to be a lot better than the original. Folks I have known running 100cel are marginal on MOT.

I know I should be getting more, but I am on stock cams and have not mapped vvti yet. I don't expect 150lb/ft anytime from the PPE setup, but should be near or better on top end with cams and vvti mapping. Cannot wait to find out what cam timing can do for the top end on the stock cams. I decided against the cams for now. Since Hypersport went all unable to reach, I found the cost prohibitive everywhere else. Cannot afford it at the moment anyway. Got raped by the tax man today  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Anonymous

Cheers Chris.

Watch out for that tax man he creeps up on you when you least expect it, I got hit big time last year - the stupid payrol girl took the whole lot back in one hit - 1 months salary gone   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Rob.

AllanE

Chris,
I have some Crower stage 1s in a box on the top of me wardrobe...
Could be available for a good price once I've talked myself into the stage 3s; well, more all the bits that inevitably follow...

Tags: