Which turbo's would be direct bolt on for TTE kit?

Started by Ilogik, August 1, 2009, 09:16

Ilogik

Say for future plans if I wanted to upgrade to a bigger blower, what would work and what turbo is currently fitted?   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

muffdan

You can't get bigger as a direct replacement bolt on than what you've presently got. Anything bigger is going to require custom pipe work.

Jason
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

STP

Quote from: "Ilogik"Say for future plans if I wanted to upgrade to a bigger blower, what would work and what turbo is currently fitted?  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

The TTE turbo is a TB2559. From what i've read it can run approx 260 flywheel bhp with the right intercooler/chargecooler, aftermarket ECU, larger injectors, boost etc
2 x road legal MR2 race cars. Monocraft GT 300 replica with 2GR-FE V6 engine and class winning black MR2 Championship roadster

muffdan

SP get 240 bhp out of it and say it can deliver more (more mid range torque anyway)

They fit an FPR and downpipe to achieve this too.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Ilogik

Pretty potent turbo then and I can take it further when needed so jobs a good un. Simon, your car is mean! Had another peak and have to say it looks lovely and sounds even better.

evileye_wrx

Ilogik, you should probably buy yourself a brand new charge cooler kit with a barrel good for 290bhp. If only you knew where to get one without paying for the shipping from Australia....  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Ilogik

Quote from: "evileye_xc"Ilogik, you should probably buy yourself a brand new charge cooler kit with a barrel good for 290bhp. If only you knew where to get one without paying for the shipping from Australia....  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Phil

lol, ill give you £200, box of haribo, and a shoe lace?

markiii

Quote from: "Ilogik"
Quote from: "evileye_xc"Ilogik, you should probably buy yourself a brand new charge cooler kit with a barrel good for 290bhp. If only you knew where to get one without paying for the shipping from Australia....  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Phil

lol, ill give you £200, box of haribo, and a shoe lace?

should cover the shipping  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tags: