Cobra Exhausts

Started by WillsSayers, August 4, 2009, 09:18

WillsSayers

Now lads,

There's two Cobra exhausts to choose from, the quad exit or the twin exit. Has anyone heard the twin exit? I'm interested to know if they still sound the same, or if the twin exit would sound the same as the TTE (which isn't what I'm after). I'd prefer to have a twin exit than a quad, but if the quad's the only way to get the sound, then so be it!

Ta.

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

uktotty

Will I wouldn't imagine the tips would make a lot of odds mate, the sound would be created much before that end.

markiii

Quote from: "uktotty"Will I wouldn't imagine the tips would make a lot of odds mate, the sound would be created much before that end.

+1
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

WillsSayers

Aiye that's why I was considering the twin exhaust as I thought that'd be the case, but I wasn't sure if having two extra pipes out of the backbox would make any audible sound difference.

I may get the twin exit ordered then. Now if only ExhaustsUK replied to my question last week  s:( :( s:(

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::

markiii

the quad has 4 tips but it only has 2 pipes out of teh backbox
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

WillsSayers

Ahh so it does, splits off just before the tips. Well then, that's decided. Cheers for the information  s:) :) s:)

BenSayers

Am sure I told you that last night   s:P :P s:P
Ex MINI GP owner \":(\"

E

+1 it shouldn't sound that different, as markiii says its twin pipes down to the inner edge of the bumper, the Quad tips must be 3" long at the most

currymonster

When I had mine fitted at exhaustsuk i had the quad tips chopped off and twin slash cut tips added to suit my bodykit. I can confirm that it does sound good especially with no pre cats. Throaty without being too loud.

JudoKilli

I remember someone saying that if you take your car there, they can fit any type of exits that you want.

Gildor

Quote from: "currymonster"When I had mine fitted at exhaustsuk i had the quad tips chopped off and twin slash cut tips added to suit my bodykit. I can confirm that it does sound good especially with no pre cats. Throaty without being too loud.

How much did they charge for the fitting?

Are you running the standard manifold with the pre cats removed or a replacement manifold?

Cheers
The road goes ever on and on....

currymonster

It cost me £440 in total, a bit more than just the standard which i think is £400, but worth it for the custom job. They do have a good range of tail pipe to choose from (including heart shaped ones), but obviously not everything will go on the mr2. I had a cat back system on my last car from exhaustsuk and the was a fully custom job being able to choose sound, tone and look, but we are a little more limited with this car.

I am running standard gutted precat system.

Tags: