Fit the lid

Started by alancdavis, August 13, 2009, 19:56

alancdavis

OK,,,,,tried "search" but no joy

I beleve there is some panel cutting the fit the two side roof clips,,,,any pics ??
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Anonymous

For the hard top?

gavw71

When I read up about it, I was under the impression the plastic panels in the car had "grooves" in them where the side strikers sit, although I never checked. (The hard top I was interested in was advertised as "with full fitting kit" but when I phoned, it became clear the seller thought the fitting kit consisted of the front and rear catches and nothing else!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  )

I've now found article, link to Spider Magazine.com below.

http://www.spydermagazine.com/

Click "Articles" in left hand column and then scroll down to the hard top install - it's under "The Ken Dude Collection October 2000.
17" Team Dynamics Pro-Race 1.2\'s, TTE lowering springs, front & rear strut top braces, Markiii inlet pipe, K&N panel filter, CHE header, Magnex dual exit exhaust, Dastek Unichip, re-map by Noble Motorsport.

Ilogik

If you take off the side panels, you can see a slight cut out, use a hack saw or if you got one dremel
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

gavw71

Quote from: "Ilogik"If you take off the side panels, you can see a slight cut out, use a hack saw or if you got one dremel

That's what I meant when I said "grooves" - one of the pics on the Spydermagazine article shows the faint "cut" mark.
17" Team Dynamics Pro-Race 1.2\'s, TTE lowering springs, front & rear strut top braces, Markiii inlet pipe, K&N panel filter, CHE header, Magnex dual exit exhaust, Dastek Unichip, re-map by Noble Motorsport.

Ilogik

Quote from: "gavw71"
Quote from: "Ilogik"If you take off the side panels, you can see a slight cut out, use a hack saw or if you got one dremel

That's what I meant when I said "grooves" - one of the pics on the Spydermagazine article shows the faint "cut" mark.

Should deffo be there, otherwise you could go over it with some white tip ex just so you can see it more clearly as the lines are very very faint.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

alancdavis

Thanks guys.....as always a hive of information    s:D :D s:D
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Tags: