Rust Removal

Started by markiii, February 16, 2004, 14:04

markiii

Just cam across this

m http://www.bhi.co.uk/hints/rust.htm m

thoughts? comments?

interesting idea.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Sounds reasonable.

Try it on a nail first?

markiii

anyone got a Nova I could borrow?  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

mph

..and now everything becomes clear..   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

MRMike

I might have tried this if I wasn't getting my discs replaced from Mr T they are really shoddy at the mo.
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Tem

If I got that right (sorry, too sleepy to really read it), I've been using that for years. And yes, it works just fine.

I've been using "sewer opener" myself, they contain some 20% NaOH, which does the trick and doesn't really cost a thing. Battery charger is good enough for power. Just do it in a ventilated space, cause it releases hydrogen and you don't wanna have any amounts of that in a closed space.

For parts that are too big to sunk, you can use lemon acid (?, wonder if a straight translation is correct) mixed with wallpaper paste and put that on any part on the car.

(I guess you can tell by now, that rust is a real issue up here  s:lol: :lol: s:lol: )
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

heathstimpson

Sounds credible to me as well  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"... lemon acid (?, wonder if a straight translation is correct) mixed with wallpaper paste and put that on any part on the car.

I guess Citric Acid?

Tem

Quote from: "Andy S"
Quote from: "Tem"... lemon acid (?, wonder if a straight translation is correct) mixed with wallpaper paste and put that on any part on the car.

I guess Citric Acid?

Yeah, that sounds about right, thanks  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Tags: