which o2 sensor is bay 1? PLZ HELP ME ARGH!!!!

Started by Anonymous, August 17, 2009, 16:36

Anonymous

hiya guys  s:D :D s:D  

Hopefully someone out there can help me? my cra was not missing an had flat spots so i took it to a gagrage for them to throw it on the diagnostiocs. They told me it is the o2 sensor in bay 1. i was planning on buying a new one online then my brother simply changing the old one for the new one.... iv since found out that there is 3 sensors on the car. i thought there was just the 2 on the manifold but after speaking to toyota parts, iv since found out that there is one after the cat aswell. can anybody please tell me which sensor would come up bay 1 on the diagnostics reader please?

thanks in advance guys

my car details should it be of any help

uk mr2
2000 1.8
oh an its red   s:D :D s:D   lol

cheers thanks again guys

markiii

not that simple

bank 1 sensor 1 is the manifold
bank 2 sensor 1 is the manifold

bank 1 sensor 2 is post cat
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

muffdan

Was there a CEL light on or a code? If it is the sensor that is causing flat spots, it has to be one of the manifold ones which are both the same part. The post cat sensor has no influence over the running of the car and is simply there to monitor the efficiency of the cat.

Jason
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Anonymous

wow thanks u guys... im amazed at the speedy response im new on here an can say i deffo like it haha! im so glad i found this place!!!

its code PO135 O2 SENSOR BANK 1 SENSOR 1

dont suppose ya can tell me if it be the left 1 or the right 1 can ya? oh and any body know where to get decent replacement thats gona save me mega buks... toyata want to bend me over!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

cheers again this is much appreciated thanks

muffdan

That's the sensor on the right as you look down at the engine.

If one has gone, the other might be on its way. It would be wise to replace both of them. How many miles has the car done?

Regarding a cheap supplier of these sensors, try PMing the user CTP ( w www.cheaptoyotaparts.co.uk w ) or use the search in the top right to find suppliers of non OE sensors that will work. The Mr T ones are quite expensive!
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

spit

Bank 1 Sensor 1 is on the right hand side as you look in from the rear.

0135 code shouldn't be too detrimental to the running of the car once the sensor is up to temperature from the exhaust gases .... but its always best to clear any lingering CELs.

(for reference, the third O2 - after the Cat - is Bank 1 sensor 2)

Listing of cheaper options (wire-in or plug'n'play) are here. If you find any others please add to the list.

CTP affiliate is good for genuine MrT parts at less than MrT prices.

Oh, and welcome to the ROC   s8) 8) s8)

*edit - beaten by the Muff! *
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Quote from: "spit"*edit - beaten by the Muff! *

A rather pleasant sounding experience.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

spit

oops, in all the excitement I posted the wrong link  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   Now corrected to  l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19412 l

[Mod] and topic stickied cos we're always looking for it! [/Mod]
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Tags: