Removing Mods

Started by Chris, February 16, 2004, 23:56

Chris

While all you couples out there were loving it up, us single people had to do something, and I decided to spend some 'quality time' with my soon to be departed (hopefully   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ) '2

This is what I got up to: http://www.btinternet.com/~chris.roy/demodding.htm

While I was at it, I also took some pics of a few of the things that have been discussed in various threads recently, just for general interest really...

The Intake Duct/Elbow
The lower Cat and 02 sensor
The other 02 sensors
The MAF
Space behind the battery for filters

Overall, I enjoyed the experiance, and it has given me a lot more confidence to do this kinda work again, seeing as I have never done anything like that on any previous cars, let alone my '2   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

[admin edit (mph): corrected links]
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Slacey

Fair play Chris, I don't think I would attempt the exhaust myself. The airbox / Apexi I can just manage  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Chris

I wasn't sure I could either, but it didn't turn out too bad, and would be even easier with the cat out the way!

BTW, anybody know what these are?
[size=100]
[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chris"I wasn't sure I could either, but it didn't turn out too bad, and would be even easier with the cat out the way!

You mean you didn't put them back on   s:?: :?: s:?:     s:!: :!: s:!:

Slacey

They look a little like anti-sway bars, but I am undoubtedly wrong!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "Chris"BTW, anybody know what these are?

The bits that are always left over when you take somthing apart and then put it back together again?

S

Chris

Quote from: "phil4"
Quote from: "Chris"I wasn't sure I could either, but it didn't turn out too bad, and would be even easier with the cat out the way!

You mean you didn't put them back on   s:?: :?: s:?:     s:!: :!: s:!:

Ummm, not yet....   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
I had already taken the bumper back off to put the black heat shield back on, and there were all number of expletives when I saw these as I was packing up!!   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

The funny thing is that I don't have any screws left over - unusual for a diy job   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]
[/size]

GSB

Rear bumper supports. They fit on the rear bumper bar and support the plastic bumper cover...

You have to remove these to get the main heatshield out.

Grant.
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Chris

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"The bits that are always left over when you take somthing apart and then put it back together again?

Yeah I knew that!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    A jobs not a goodun' unless you've got bits left over...

Quote from: "GSB"Rear bumper supports. They fit on the rear bumper bar and support the plastic bumper cover...

You have to remove these to get the main heatshield out.

Grant.

Yep that'd sound about right thinking about it.  Can't remember where they mounted though - anyone got a pic?  or wanna indicate on mine? Presumably they use existing mounting points/screws for something else, as I haven't got any screws left over.

It was the main heatshield that was forgotton the first time round, so requiring the need for the removal of the bumper the 1st time!!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
[size=100]
[/size]

Anonymous

why are you selling the 2

Anonymous

Quote from: "adz648"why are you selling the 2

I know, but its not for me to say. He will be getting another one though (aint that right Chris!)

Chris

Quote from: "adz648"why are you selling the 2

I had a bit of a major medical prob last year, the the doc has said I'm not allowed to drive for a year, so I need to save the funds.

As for getting another one, then hell yeah, you'd better believe it baby!!   s:D :D s:D  
Unless a blinding deal on an elise/exige comes my way   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]
[/size]

Tags: