Eeek! Saw the Engine Management light!!

Started by ad_car_08, August 24, 2009, 11:32

nathanMR2

Quote from: "wbarrwebster"Hi,

If you want to stay "local" you can pick one up from Ignition Parts in South Ockington, Essex for about £95.

B

Any idea what make they are from there?
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

wbarrwebster

Hi,

Sorry, not a clue, I've had 2 down stream sensors from them no problem...also had one for my Honda 2.0ltre ultimately didn't work, gave me my money back without hassle. (Everyone and I mean everyone, has to get it from Honda at £171 ) ouch!!

I'm actually testing a reach cheap Yank sensor bought on Ebay as I write..the guy said it would do the job..... it hasn't completed the second cycle and if I'm honest, I'm expecting a cel......if no light in a couple of days  I'll confirm address.

If you're in a hurry would call the Essex mob mentioned previously.

B
W. B. Webster

wbarrwebster

Hi,

Felt I should update,fitted the universal upstream sensor last Thursday....as of Saturday 5pm car has travelled about 50 miles, some back roads at average speeds, stop /start maybe 12 times over the period, took it on By pass this afternoon....20 miles at 70plus....I was fully expecting a Cel........none as of this afternoon and none pending on the analyzer.

On the strength of what I've experienced so far, it could still go wrong but I have ordered another.

£24.88  total including shipping from US. (no duty)

It is billed on Ebay as 02 Oxygen Sensor 130HM 4W SG471 Toyota Corolla 02-95, although I have confirmed that it was for 2001 Mr2 Mk3 Spyder as my previous order.  
Item 350168637474
Customer Service Email  e mailto:evalero@hotmal.com">evalero@hotmal.com e

With my luck it will hit me with a Cel on Sunday, alternatively, is it too much to ask that I could have stumbled on a cheap source of universal sensors for the 2 that actually work .....here's hoping!!

B
W. B. Webster

psvpilot59

Hi,

I just got a Lambda sensor for my MR2 from 'TOPSOLUTIONS' on Ebay complete with plug for £39.99!   Mindyou I'm not sure if it's the right one for the post cat, but worth a look.     I don't know how to input the web address on here, but you might be able to call it up with the Ebay Item Number!

Item No: 140336932084

Hope this helps

Louie

Anonymous

Quote from: "psvpilot59"Hi,

I just got a Lambda sensor for my MR2 from 'TOPSOLUTIONS' on Ebay complete with plug for £39.99!   Mindyou I'm not sure if it's the right one for the post cat, but worth a look.     I don't know how to input the web address on here, but you might be able to call it up with the Ebay Item Number!

Hope this helps

Louie

Just copy and paste the web addy, seemples!

Anonymous

Quote from: "psvpilot59"Hi,

Hope this helps

Louie

A few have used this one and left comments on the generic o2 sensor post which is probably the best place for this. I have also messaged them about length of wire and they replied "approx 70cm" so should be fine for the post cat sensor.
 l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19412 l

wbarrwebster

Previously ordered a universal 02 Sensor from Topsolutions at £29.99, came up with 2 codes in about  10 miles. I swapped it with the other upstream sensor position, same story more or less confirming a sensor issue.

Have just completed mail requesting return for replacement or refund.

Can you keep me informed as a good, working, no problem OEM type Sensor at £39.99 is a deal.

B
W. B. Webster

ad_car_08

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Noooo!
of crap! So I need a different part?! Or is it the same but with a longer cable?

P0141 refers to the heater circuit of the post-cat O2 sensor.
Thats the one you can't see looking in the engine bay, it's underneath after the catalytic converter.
A common fault and the sensor has a longer lead than the other two so is a different part number.[/quote]
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

wbarrwebster

Hi,

The 3 sensors are basically the same, the downstream..post cat one has a longer lead that's all.

B
W. B. Webster

ad_car_08

Cool, thanks B. I might just jack the car up at the weekend and have a look underneath to see if I can fix it (if the wires have melted or something) before I go dipping my hand in my pocket.
[/size]

Wabbitkilla

Melted ... unlikely, like i said it's a common fault.

The plug for that sensor is attached at the back of the coolant expansion bottle behind the nearside tail light.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

ad_car_08

ah! Brilliant, thanks for narrowing it down. Hopefully that'll safe me a wild goose chase trying to find the darn thing!
[/size]

Wabbitkilla

Be aware that the cable is clipped in two places as it makes its way down to the senso.
imho it's the most likely sensor to fail as it's more open to the elements than the other two.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

ad_car_08

Im just having a look here for a new o2 sensor. If it's the O2 sensor on the bottom that I need, is it before or after the catalytic converter?

http://cpwstore.carpartswholesale.com/catalog/?PN=9167&N=0&VN=4294967189+4294967152+4294964405+4294967247+4294967215&Nr=AND(universal:0)&sv=0
[/size]

nathanMR2

Quote from: "ad_car_08"Im just having a look here for a new o2 sensor. If it's the O2 sensor on the bottom that I need, is it before or after the catalytic converter?

http://cpwstore.carpartswholesale.com/catalog/?PN=9167&N=0&VN=4294967189+4294967152+4294964405+4294967247+4294967215&Nr=AND(universal:0)&sv=0

The MR2 Roadster has a PRE CAT, which you can see the heat shield for when you open the engine bay, unless uve had them taken out. It also has a normal CAT which most modern cars have these days.

The normal cat sensor is fitted low down and is classed as Post Cat or After CAT. The Pre Cat is classed as the Before Cat

This one is the one i would go for-
 m http://cpwstore.carpartswholesale.com/c ... _Converter m

nathanMR2

how did you get on with the sensor mate? Mines just gone a few hours ago   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

ad_car_08

Quote from: "nathanMR2"how did you get on with the sensor mate? Mines just gone a few hours ago   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

I've not had the money to replace the sensor yet. Let me know how you get on - i'm still not 100% on what i need to buy
[/size]

nathanMR2

Take a look at my post in the group buys and let me know what you think.

If your unsure of anything still feel feel to ask. Your car wont be performing as it should if theres a fault. But its upto you.

ad_car_08

Quote from: "wbarrwebster"Hi,

The 3 sensors are basically the same, the downstream..post cat one has a longer lead that's all.

B

Hi,

Just wanted to double check something...

I received my replacement DENSO post cat o2 sensor this afternoon. Cracked it open and remembered someone on here (evidently you!   s:) :) s:)   saying it should have a longer lead - the one I've just received looks like it has about 20-25cm of lead. Is that right?
[/size]

muffdan

no! The post cat one should be much longer than that.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

ad_car_08

Quote from: "muffdan"no! The post cat one should be much longer than that.

GAH!!   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  
Just out of curiosity, how long should the lead be? Just so I can tell the company that sent me this one!

Thanks Dan
[/size]

muffdan

I can't remember, been many years since I had that sensor fitted to my car! I'm sure someone will be able to say, but I'd guess around 50cm
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

ad_car_08

Just checked the item...

"Exhaust System:         In front of the catalyst"

...i've dropped a bullock and bought the wrong one havent i...  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
[/size]

muffdan

sounds like it, you could take the lead off your existing one and use that. Sort of defeats the purpose of buying a plug and play one though  s:( :( s:(
Jason

ad_car_08

Are the plugs the same then? There are so many different pictures that say "not actual picture", I dont actually know what its meant to look like!

If it's the same, i might just splice the wires...
[/size]

Tags: