Eeek! Saw the Engine Management light!!

Started by ad_car_08, August 24, 2009, 11:32

muffdan

I believe so, but you can easily check! I was suggesting that you cut a length of wire (with plug) off your old sensor, and use it to extend the new sensor's lead. Then it doesn't matter if the new plug is the same or different.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

ad_car_08

I'll have a look tomorrow, thanks   s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

wbarrwebster

Hi,

If you purchased a plug and play for the Roadster all the "plugs" are the same.
They would actually be universal the only difference being is that the post cat one which requires a longer lead as it connects at the rear of the nearside rear light and runs down to the cat.

A new post cat sensor would replace and would fit any of the manifold sensor holes, although you would have to tidy up the longer lead  with cable tie or whatever..

B
W. B. Webster

knightime

Hi guys,

Just had the same problem - bought the car on 16/12, everything fine, then yesterday on my way to Hayling Island the Engine Management light came on!

I cleaned the MAF and disconnected the battery; light went off.  Just took it for a spin and 10minz into the drive the light came back on.

I've just bought the U380 scanner off Ebay, but as the car is under a 3 month Premier Warrenty provided by the seller I'm just gonna take it to MrT in Worthing tomorrow and let them diagnose and fix whatever is wrong with it - hopefully it won't be more than 500squid as that's the max the warrenty will go up to in one hit  s:? :? s:? !

This site is gold - I wonder how I didn't notice it before  s:shock: :shock: s:shock: ?  Thanks for all the advice you guys have given out - it's really appreciated!

Tags: