Rubber window seal replacement

Started by vatovey, August 24, 2009, 16:45

vatovey

Afternoon all,

When driving above 45-50mph I am hearing wind noise on the drivers side, everything is clamped in place, nothing seems loose either, I think its just the rubber is worn, the passenger side seems fine.

I was thinking of replacing it, does anyone know how much a kit from MrT is ?

Or is there some magical fix I can try ?

Cheers, Vaughn.

wbarrwebster

Hi,

If you do a search you'll come up with the answers. There is a part for the side of the driver's window, not that expensive and the repacement procedure in the straight forward, again do a search.

Hope this helps,

B
W. B. Webster

kentsmudger

Also, my roof sometimes does not always tuck in behind the window surround, when I put it up, just at the rear of the window. I find this makes a little excess wind-noise - Might be worth checking.
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

vatovey

I've done a number of searches, can't seem to find alot of relevant info   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

The wind noise happens when I have the hard-top on, so I don't think its soft-top related, I think I'm gonna remove the rubber seals - clean and treat with some rubber cleaner/conditioner such as Meguairs or Autoglym.

aaronjb

Do you still have the little black sticky out 'thingy' on the A pillar on the drivers side?
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

vatovey

I think so, although not 100% sure as this is my first MR2, will take some pics and post them later on.

Tags: