20HP = How many tenths?

Started by Anonymous, February 17, 2004, 15:16

Anonymous

Hello everybody,
I'm considering purchasing a Dastek Unichip. I have learned from this board (mph) that it is possible get 20HP out of it.

I was just curious; How much does 20hp do to this small roadster? About how many tenths are we talking about 0-60??

thanks in advance!

Jap GT300

I would have thought depending on the driver about 0.8secs

Anonymous

how much is the chip

i take it your warranty is effected

Tem

Quote from: "RedRaceR"I was just curious; How much does 20hp do to this small roadster? About how many tenths are we talking about 0-60??

You might wanna like to play with CarTest:
 m http://www.cartestsoftware.com/cartest4.5/ m

It's pretty dman accurate once you get all the values in there..
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "adz648"how much is the chip

i take it your warranty is effected

If my memory serves me right, I think it was quoted at £400.

kanujunkie

the website demo doesn't seem to work, don't know if it is an xp thing or if it is a security issue on my software

any idea's
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Tem

No idea about the demo...I'm using the full DOS-version myself. It's down the page "Download CarTest 4.5 here (515,624 bytes)."

Anonymous

Hi there - I just downloaded the DOS version. It's VERY COOL!

Can anyone help me with the following?

Wheel diameter in inches
tyre profile in %

At the moment the value give me a 0-60 of 6.8 with the ?142 hp that the Apexi induction should be giving me.  But the above values are entered as 10in and 100% respectively...

Anonymous

just figured out the profile percentage it's 50%

markiii

front wheel diameter is 15" tyre profile 55 on 185 width tyre

rear pre 03 is 15" tyre profile 50 on a tyre width of 205

rear post 03 is 16", tyre profile 45 on a tyre width of 215
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Interesting prog... running from the Spyderchat stats, it reckons a 0-60 time of 6.4secs for mine (stock 138bhp), with a clutch dump at 5000rpm

What are you guys getting?

Tem

I used to get within 0.1s from what GTech gave me, so it seems to be pretty accurate...

Did you visit the advanced settings menu to set more than the basic stuff  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

no I didn't...and my redline is set at 7k.

Is my weight accurate for stock do you think - with enough petrol for 1/4 mile?

Tem

Quote from: "rlack"Is my weight accurate for stock do you think - with enough petrol for 1/4 mile?

The stock weight should be close enough, unless you can weight the car.

Just remember to add your weight, cause the car won't drive without you in real world  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

Quote from: "rlack"no I didn't...and my redline is set at 7k.

I set mine at 7250, 'cause I think the rev limit kicks in around 7300.

Anonymous

What I really like is that it beats the following around brands hatch by less than a second:

z3 2.8 +0.3 sec
Elise  +1 sec
Audi TT 225  +1sec
Mx5  +5secs

in that order

Anonymous

beats the Elise.  Interesting.

Tem

Quote from: "rlack"What I really like is that it beats the following around brands hatch by less than a second

The problem is that all the cars come with same basic settings. They start to match reality only after you change the advanced settings to match each car, so I wouldn't take those results for real  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

If it means anything - I have a matge wikth an elise who took my 2 out for a spin earlier this year.  He reckons the 2 handles a lot better....but that it's a bit less fun...less tail-happy.

Anonymous

What specific settings are we talking about here.  I can't find any....

Tem

Quote from: "rlack"What specific settings are we talking about here.  I can't find any....

When you're in the "Edit car"-screen, press F4 to access the parameters and then select "Create/Edit car specific parameters". There are close to 100 different parameters that all affect the calculations  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

OK - I've had a play with the advanced settings.  None of them did that much.

BUT - adding my 70kg bulk to the kerb weight made a lot of difference and took me from 6.7 to 7.3 secs.  Which seems pretty accurate.

What amazed me was that this change in weight changed the optimal launch from 3,600 revs/dump clutch to a massive 6,800 revs to launch my lardy arse into the fimament.

Having played with this programme for a few hours one thing is for sure -

Removing weight counts far more than anything else and is the cheapest way of going faster.

juansolo

Quote from: "phil4"beats the Elise.  Interesting.

Then it isn't being pedaled very well...

Times vary massively driver to driver, even in the same cars.
[size=75]Porsche Cayman - Curvy (almost) perfection
Juno SSE-CN - Bonkers track thing
Mercedes 190E - Das Uberbarge still going strong[/size]

juansolo

Quote from: "rlack"If it means anything - I have a matge wikth an elise who took my 2 out for a spin earlier this year.  He reckons the 2 handles a lot better....but that it's a bit less fun...less tail-happy.

IMO it depends how you define handling...

The Mr2 is faaaaar more forgiving than the Elise (talking boggo S1 to boggo Mr2 here) and inspires confidence because of this.  The Elise is grippier and out brakes a Mr2 quite easily (it's got a -200kg advantage in it's favour).  But is much more of a handful and it takes time to build that same level of confidence.  

As I say it all depends what you want from how each car handles.  If you want a challenge with great rewards when you master it, then the Elise is the better handling car.  If you want to have fun in something that wont punish you when you get it a little wrong then the Mr2 is the better set up car.

juansolo

Quote from: "rlack"Removing weight counts far more than anything else and is the cheapest way of going faster.

It is the best way of going faster around a track also.  Look at the likes of Caterhams, Radicals and Westfields.  All weigh in at around 500-600kgs so require relatively modest propulsion to destroy most supercars around a track.

Lighter wieght means far less mass to stop and to fling around corners also.

Tags: