Radio Bracket Recall And Now! Brake Master Cylinder Recall!

Started by widermuller, September 8, 2009, 23:23

widermuller

After reading the post about the poor chap, losing his '2 to a fire, I wish to tell fellow roadster owners about a Brake Master Cylinder Recall.

Last week I recieved a letter from Mr T, with regard to me not having taken my car in for the 'Radio bracket recall' in which they seem to 'pad out' a bracket so it cannot chaff, in the letter it went on to mention the brake master cylinder, and i'll quote from the letter.

'It has been established that a condition could develop within the brake master cylinder, which may result in the loss of braking control, if left unresolved it would affect the efficiency of the brake performance.'         TOYOTA GB AUGUST 2009.                

I first though it was a bit of b/s to  scare the crap out of me, to get me there for the radio bracket! And no mention's on here, which goes to prove they seem to be tracing few people, I assumed everyone with an early car ( mines on a w ) would be informed, as who own's it is on record with the DVLA and Mr T can surely get that info??  After visiting my mate in the parts department, on Saturday at me local Mr T's, he confirmed once I gave him my reg, my car has 2 recalls on it! Apparently they whip off the brake master cylinder and check if a seal on it is intact, if not it gets replaced for free! The master cylinder that is! And the job is booked for 4hrs.

I was very reluctant to take my car in about the radio bracket, but not ignorant to it! Its just my cars mint, done less than 20k and only one tiny dent! My local dealer has no seperate compound for cars that are being serviced so any joe can open a door on it!! And i'd go 'ballistic', The brake master cylinder could not be ignored! So its now booked in for the 18th of this month! And now I've seen that fire!!! But I'm praying the thing don't get damaged, as I do all my own work, apart from mot time, AND its a second car.

I can take from this:     1) I assumed wrongly that people knew on here, via Mr T, and should have posted earlier, MY MISTAKE  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  
                                   2) Mr T is'nt very good at tracing people, they must know about this club why not post here???
                                   3) Carry a fire pistol!
                                   4) Don't put off taking it in for a recall I suppose a dent can be knocked out!
Swaps owners, as much as it swaps ends!

Widermuller for hvac knobs, gearstick cage mounts, interior door pull kits in carbon or chrome! and much much more! Detailing our speciality!

aaronjb

[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

widermuller

Got that wrong then.....

Widermuller for hvac knobs, gearstick cage mounts, interior door pull kits in carbon or chrome! and much much more! Detailing our speciality!

widermuller

Owned my car nearly five years, took their time ( Mr T ) on this one.......

Wabbitkilla

[MOD]Subject locked due to duplication, however Aarons list of links points people in the right direction and i urge people not to ignore recalls. [/MOD]
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Tags: