Powerflow Exhausts

Started by Anonymous, June 24, 2003, 13:31

Anonymous

Hey guys, and definitely not the gals, check out Emma the mechanic on  m http://www.powerflow.uk.com/stage1.html m .

Someone in the club has had a custom twin unit made by one of Powerlow's dealers and I was trying to find some details. Honest  s:!: :!: s:!:    s:!: :!: s:!:   :!
If that person can thread here or PM me I will contact the dealer to find out if a template was kept.

s:) :) s:)    s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Roger H"Hey guys, and definitely not the gals, check out Emma the mechanic on http://www.powerflow.uk.com/stage1.html.
Ewww, plastic!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Perhaps when we know where we are someone could post all the exhaust information we have in one place, for comparison?

Ta!

--H--

Anonymous

WOOF!   s:P :P s:P

But those would make great pillows! (copyright FCUK) LOL!

Anonymous

Hardcore
That's precisely what I have been thinking lately.

Apart from the system H&S built for Grant I can't find on any of the posts 3.5" slash-cut tips. I think all the TTE and Magnex 4" tips are too "in your face".

Peter Wright is also evaluating a system from London Performance Exhausts and no doubt we will get some feed-back any day now.

When Grant gets back from his hols he will be talking money to H&S. £552 delivered incl VAT is too much compared with a Magnex @ £363 and a Remus (3.5" straight-cut tips)  @ £383.

Kris
When you are working under your car checking out all the repairs wouldn't it be nice to have somewhere soft and inflated you can rest your head  s:!: :!: s:!:    s:!: :!: s:!:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Roger H"Kris
When you are working under your car checking out all the repairs wouldn't it be nice to have somewhere soft and inflated you can rest your head  s:!: :!: s:!:    s:!: :!: s:!:

ahhh i see... i stand corrected!   s:D :D s:D

markiii

Quote from: "Roger H"Hardcore
That's precisely what I have been thinking lately.

Apart from the system H&S built for Grant I can't find on any of the posts 3.5" slash-cut tips. I think all the TTE and Magnex 4" tips are too "in your face".

Peter Wright is also evaluating a system from London Performance Exhausts and no doubt we will get some feed-back any day now.

When Grant gets back from his hols he will be talking money to H&S. £552 delivered incl VAT is too much compared with a Magnex @ £363 and a Remus (3.5" straight-cut tips)  @ £383.

Kris

TTE is 3.5" oval Remus version is 3.5" round
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I'm with Roger, I will probably go for one of the slightly cheaper options, either Remus or Magnex, from Demon Tweeks most likely.  But neither just yet unfortunately...

--H--

Anonymous

Have heard bad thinga about the powerflow exhausts, they use scaffold pole for sections!

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007"Have heard bad thinga about the powerflow exhausts, they use scaffold pole for sections!

LOL!

Where did you hear that?!

--H--

Anonymous

Guys,

Peter Wright has just emailed me that the wassocks who supplied the system assured him when it was ordered that it was a twin system. Guess what????!!!!!
It's had to go back to the manufacturers and he is very dissappointed.

Hurry back from your hols Grant. You will have a mountain of posts to catch up on!

GSB

I'm already back and on the case with Hayward & Scott. I e-mailed them regarding the price and gave them a few price indicators for the competion, and they have got back to me with a new price suggestion that is a lot better, Its not set in stone yet so I wont reveal it, but I should have a new, lower, more realistic price at sometime today.

Have patience...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Cheers Grant

The guy who emailed me the quote of £450 + £20 postage and packing and £50 fitting (everything + VAT) was Ian Reeve, the Manager. So:-
£552.25 or £587.50 and at least a tank-full of petrol/day away from the office.

Hope you had a good holiday.

s:) :) s:)    s:) :) s:)

GSB

Not only is he the manager, he also built my exhaust. Likes to get his hands dirty...

He's just got back to me with a new price of £400+VAT.

i.e £470 inc VAT.

This I believe will be the final word on the matter. Its a good price considering I very nearly paid out more than that for a TTE last year. Its still expensive in comparison to the likes of the Remus, but on other hand it is hand built by one of the best companies in the business, is lighter and smaller than stock, can be customised to your own requirements, and will I'm sure offer a worthwhile gain in power when someone finally straps one down to a dyno... Its everything I wanted when I first approached H&S and if you get one I fail to see anyone being disapointed if and when they buy one.

Personally, (and yes I know I'm being biased!) I reckon its worth every penny...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Well done for trying tho GSB £470 is a good price   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hardcore"
Quote from: "bigun007"Have heard bad thinga about the powerflow exhausts, they use scaffold pole for sections!

LOL!

Where did you hear that?!

--H--

About half a dozen of my mates got them all at the same time and they all got scaffold pole, i can't remember how they found it out lol.

I also have a mate who works at one of the franchises (can't say which one lol) but its southern.

Tags: