MR2 broken

Started by philster_d, September 24, 2009, 08:46

markiii

Quote from: "ChrisGB"
Quote from: "custardavenger"Chris. Wouldn't the injector firing order be the same as the spark firing order (in normal single shot injection)?

Sorry, missed this. Injector timing could be off if wiring from the ecu is somehow crossed. Loom would need to be checked.

Chris

actually quite possible since teh link doesn;t come with a pnp loom
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

philster_d

Im sure 1 part of my delay was waiting for a loom whenThor were having some made.

markiii

Quote from: "philster_d"Im sure 1 part of my delay was waiting for a loom whenThor were having some made.

could be a faulty loom if they are a bespoke order though, I'd have them check it
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Curt

I spent some time yesterday afternoon with an experienced engine builder examining the detailed photos you posted (and he has subsequently had a couple other very experienced performance-engine builders examine and discuss the situation among themselves), and the consensus is that it definitely was not a ring-end gap problem that caused this, but instead detonation caused by a lean fuel condition. IIRC you said that you were set up with 700cc injectors along with a FPR and return system. I presume the FPR you were using was actually an "Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator" wherein the adjustability was manifold pressure referenced via a vacuum line. The thought occurred to me that if after the tune was done with that AFPR functioning properly, and then later (for some reason) that AFPR failed to increase fuel pressure as you came onto boost (possibly the vacuum line coming off or getting pinched or punctured – but for whatever cause) that could cause a catastrophic reduction in the amount of fuel being delivered.
ANNOY A LIBERAL: Work Hard....Succeed....Be Happy!

philster_d

The FPR was the MWR one and also an uprated pump, along with the injectors you mentioned.

Presumably the stock regulator was removed when the after market stuff was added, so ony this was controling that pressure.

I dont know how it is set up or what reference it may use, sorry.

Phil

loadswine

Phil, does your car have the same setup and original map as Jason's? I just wondered as maybe its something that is just subtly different on your car.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

muffdan

There's a few differences between Phil's and my car. Mine has three knock sensors hooked up to the Link. It retards the timing when it hears knock. I also have the charge temperature mapped to reduce the boost level when it starts getting hot too. I also keep an eye on the EGTs and back off myself when I see/hear it getting north of 950 degrees C. After my first engine melt down safety became the number one priority.

Thor did say that mine and Phil's cars both have/had the same high charge temperature issue. I've spoken to Moneywrench about it and they're surprised by the problem. I think we're all (Me, Phil, Thor, SP, Rogue) talking to them the problem and trying to identify the problem.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Tags: