1MZ performance options?

Started by WillsSayers, September 29, 2009, 16:15

WillsSayers

A few to me is 3  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Well I've got a fair bit of time to research it all, for now it's all food for thought!

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

Ilogik

Quote from: "markiii"a few hundred is anything less than 1K in my book

if i meant 200 thats what i would have said

the v6 is about the noise to mw so would be itbs any day

Didn't realise you could put ITB's onto the 1zz. Ooo if I only knew lol.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

markiii

you can put them on anything you like with enough time and money
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Ilogik

Quote from: "markiii"you can put them on anything you like with enough time and money

Ahh so no direct bolt on kit.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

custardavenger

They are both shaft driven Will.

This is the Eaton we're talking about.
 l viewtopic.php?f=37&t=26657 l
Would normally be situated on top of the engine.

Rotrex
 m http://www.rotrex.com/index1.htm m
Normally mounted lower on the engine, simillar to the an alternator.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

loadswine

I think that if you lose the aircon compressor, there will be some room for a Rotrex, not sure exactly how much room, but it is very tight, and unlike a 1zz, you haven't got the option of mounting anything on the other side of the engine.
On the face of it, the eaiest thing would have actually been to mount an Eaton type charger sited in the vee on a custom manifold for that application. You would dispense with the stock plenum that way, which would free up a fair bit of space as part of the conversion. Biggest drawback to that route is the fact that, to date, nobody has actually produced that essential manifold item to bolt the charger to. There has been talk of one chap over on TB making some for this, but the first one has yet to happen. In theory , not terribly complex, just requires good fabrication skills.

The charger that is in the pipeline , as I understand it, is a Vortech charger, a bit like a Rotrex, only not quite as slick, but should be effective. This will be driven via a shaft from the pulley area of the engine with the charger itself on the intake side, where there is a relatively large amount of room. This can easily be intercooled as well. Again, we shall see how this pans out, as there are only a few of us V6 Roadster owners right now, but our application will be developed from the Mk2 and Mk1 applications that will probably get it first.
If you think about it, it should be one of the cheaper ways to get a fairly reliable 300 horses or so, for a total conversion outlay of well under 10 grand. We have yet to see how much it will be, but I guess 2 or 3 grand all in ,over the top of a V6 conversion wouldn't be too far off.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Tags: