PPE Header

Started by Anonymous, February 19, 2004, 23:23

Anonymous

does any one here actually have the PPE header and down pipe fitted?  id so..pros and cons ?

cheers
perry

Jap GT300

I did have it, until my enginge blew.

Pro's
about 12hp
The price, even cheaper now!
amazing noise louder than my mates 340R at full throttle.
Easy fitment, everything is there, including O2 simulator.

Con's
I could never get the O2 simulator to work it always through a CEL.
There is no flex joint on the new setup, this caused me to crack some bolts.
It doesn't pass emissions. (but you can always revert back for an MOT)
It has a 4-1 setup.

If you want my advice get the PPE header but the 4-2-1 Rocket setup.  I think there is a special group buy on SC.  It is a much better design.

Adam

Tem

Quote from: "Jap GT300"If you want my advice get the PPE header but the 4-2-1 Rocket setup.  I think there is a special group buy on SC.  It is a much better design.

m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=8815 m

The GB has closed already though.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

markiii

correct, but I;ve beens peaking with Paul, and it's only $100 more expensive outside of the GB. AAn he'll customise it to suit you, i/e move flex joint, add racing cat, egt probes et.c.

incidentaly while the original that adam has is a 4-1 desing and theoretically this is worse for low down torque. It's the result that counts, and teh dyno shows improvements all over.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Thanks for the info guys, will be contacting Paul for a delivered price and likely lead time for the 'rocket' header and racing cat with flex joints.
Possibly also the CAI need to se what the rpicing is etc.

was originally going to gut the main cat, but following the loss of the second hand replacement I was going to do work on, this seems the best option

markiii

hurry up then  :-) :-) :-)

I need to see a dyno, so I can decide if I'm getting one or going for teh TTE Turbo.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tem

Quote from: "markiii"I need to see a dyno, so I can decide if I'm getting one or going for the TTE Turbo.

Welcome to the club!

markiii

I reckon we could get to 170 with dastek and rocket header.
versus 180bhp for the entry level Turbo (estimate not fact)

It's teh torque curve thats much better with the turbo.

it's just a third of teh price  :-) :-) :-)

choices choices.

Anonymous

Have just e-mailed him.......will keep you updated  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"I reckon we could get to 170 with dastek and rocket header.
versus 180bhp for the entry level Turbo (estimate not fact)

It's the torque curve thats much better with the turbo.

it's just a third of the price  :-) :-) :-)

choices choices.

are you inc the PPE CAI in that scenario or another breathing option?

markiii

I reckon my duct with a good filter or the ppe shoudl be about the same.

Tem

Quote from: "markiii"I reckon we could get to 170 with dastek and rocket header.

Uh...huh...just heard the rocket header and there's no way I'm putting that on mine, no matter how much power it would make  s:? :? s:?  

m http://www.spydermods.com/legacy/exhaus ... %20low.wmv m

SteveJ

Quote from: "Tem"

Uh...huh...just heard the rocket header and there's no way I'm putting that on mine, no matter how much power it would make  s:? :? s:?  

m http://www.spydermods.com/legacy/exhaus ... %20low.wmv m

Sounds like a fart-box - Nova boy would be well-pleased with that  s:? :? s:?

markiii

yep, shame really.

turbo here we come.

anybody up fro robbing a bank?

aaronjb

It might have sounded better with a different exhaust, of course..

I did rather like the sound of the gutted cats with Cyclopse exhaust though..  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

There's no getting away from the 'farty' sound though sadly.. Lets face it, we drive an inline-4 with no turbo  s:( :( s:(

Could be worse, we could drive a flat-four  s;) ;) s;)  (Nice as standard, but having heard some of the aftermarket exhausts on a Legacy GT-B.. they end up sounding like a diesel!)

Group buy on turbo kits, Mark?  s;) ;) s;)   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

dieamond

I remind you there's a shop in France importing PPE products  s;-) ;-) s;-)
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

GSB

Quote from: "dieamond"I remind you there's a shop in France importing PPE products  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Very nice, but assuming you'd rather not pay the profit margins of 2 organisations rather than 1, plus the cost of shipping it twice, and direct all your warranty queries via a 3rd party in France, wouldn't you be better off just phoning PPE?
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

dieamond

Maybe because PPE makes me a reseller reduction which allow me to make profit without increasing the price

Maybe because shipping from US to France for several items, and then France to UK is the same price or nearly the same as US -> UK

Maybe because VAT is already included and the custom clearance done

And maybe because you want to have it in one week and not one month
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia

Anonymous

so do you have any PPE headers, CATS or CAI's in stock?

Tem

Quote from: "dieamond"Maybe because PPE makes me a reseller

Makes me wonder why they don't list you as their distributor...
 m http://www.ppeengineering.com/distributors.htm m

How much do you charge for the PPE header then? Including shipping to Finland?

Anonymous

Paul of PPE fame has come back to me to say they they wont be making any further headers for the forseable future as they need more staff to keep up with present orders. So descision made for me really.

Have just spoken to Fensport regarding the TRD header and they are placing an order with Japan on Monday, so need to mke a descision by then.  TRD quote 14bhp and 7.5nm for their header, exhaust and induction pipe, so I would be hoping for similar with my present exhaust, our GB pipe and their header.

My question is:-  I would assume that a freeflow header would remove the pre-cats?  yes/no ???

If so I can judge the noise level prior to gutting the main cat at a later point?

GSB

The TRD header does reomve the pre-cats.
It looks like this...

[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

cheers matey

just need to check a few other suppliers now as Fensports £699 + vat (£821) and still wait 4 weeks for delivery will be a last resort on monday

I WILL get this bloody thing to go faster!

Jap GT300

For another grand and a few hours work you could have a 2zz in there.

That will make it quicker  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

dieamond

A TRD header never allowed a MR to go faster...

Tags: