broken bolts on ARB mounts

Started by Tamasbako, October 12, 2009, 16:04

Tamasbako

Over the weekend with the help of a friend we tried to install some CHE ARBs I had in the garage for ages. The rear one was done fairly quickly with no problems at all. On the front though the lower bolt on both brackets broke (head broken off). We lubricated them for over a day prior to the installation but looks like we weren't lucky enough. The top ones came out fine and the lower ones broke (both sides!) as the lower arm is just too close I reckon we'll need to remove the lower arm and basically most of the front suspension to gain access to the bolts. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas to get those bolts out ? It's a real pain as the rears went so easy and I think rusty old bolts what I hate the most by now  s:) :) s:)

muffdan

Had the same issue with one of the bolts on the front. It needed drilling out but as you say, it's not easily accessible! Sorry I can't be much more help, there's no easy fix. It appears this could perhaps be a common problem on the older cars, what year is yours?
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Tamasbako

Quote from: "muffdan"Had the same issue with one of the bolts on the front. It needed drilling out but as you say, it's not easily accessible! Sorry I can't be much more help, there's no easy fix. It appears this could perhaps be a common problem on the older cars, what year is yours?

Thanks Dan, looks like a long fix then  s:) :) s:)  It's a 00 just like yours (according to your signature) ... indeed could be down to age  s:( :( s:(

Tags: