uktotty

Before

After

Anonymous

what happened there?

Anonymous

I'm going for a badger-car incident.

uktotty

ground clearance rings a bell  s:) :) s:)

SimonC_Here

Told you it was bent at Rob's!  s:) :) s:)

roger

Whoops.   s:( :( s:(
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Must have rattled your teeth a bit when that happened   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

custardavenger

You didn't do it on the speed bumps on the way to the castle on the softy's run did you?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

uktotty

Quote from: "custardavenger"You didn't do it on the speed bumps on the way to the castle on the softy's run did you?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
LOL I  live in speedbump heaven mate, could have been one of a 1000

roger

How about finding the worst one you can, then making a claim off the council?
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

aaronjb

I seriously pondered that approach too - the speed humps outside my house are vicious, and the bracing is in a complete state now..

These days I drive down the middle of the road to avoid them - which will be fine until I meet a copper, no doubt!
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

uktotty

Quote from: "roger"How about finding the worst one you can, then making a claim off the council?
Can I really do that??

bridgemr2

Quote from: "uktotty"
Quote from: "roger"How about finding the worst one you can, then making a claim off the council?
Can I really do that??

All speed bumps used on roads maintained by a local authority will have to comply with the various road/highway regulations.  It would be difficult to successfully claim against a local authority for damage caused by a speed bump that was in good working order.  Of course some speed bumps end up getting damaged (bits missing, raised higher etc) and become not up to the standard required.  If the authority are aware of the fault (or should be aware in the case of roads subject to a designated regular inspection programme) then they are meant to rectify it within a set period.  Basically once they are notified of a fault then any damage caused to vehicles afterwards can often be successfully claimed against the authority.  This is the case for pot holes too.  Each authority has a slightly different procedure but there will normally be an officer specifically responsible for dealing with claims against their liability insurance.

custardavenger

[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

Tags: