Please Help!!

Started by Acehole, October 22, 2009, 17:50

Acehole

What a nightmare im having... New pads and disks all round on me 2000x mr2

But i had a bad calliper carrier on front near side, the slider or bolt (whatever u wanna call it) was seized and thought i might get away with regreasing and brought a new slider from toyota. unfortunatly i had a clunking noise when braking and assumed it was the carrier so i replaced that today with new part from toyots costing £100 fitted. anyways drove home and its still making this clunking noise when braking. Please any1 got an idea's i know it could be lots of different things but with new pads and disks all round that cuts braking faults out a but dont it. Any idea's or info would be handy.

P.s taken to mechanics and they said everything seems fine on the spot check, i could ask him to come for a drive i suppose. but just stressing about it tonight its so annoying.
Ex Owner of a ...2000 X Silver (1DO) Air con with Red leather and Hardtop, JDL spoiler, 17" Momo Corse wheels, Custom exhaust system by Pipecraft, K&N 57i Gen2 Cold Air Induction Kit Facelift Indies. Full main dealer history

Anonymous

I know this sounds daft but have you checked the wheel nuts are tight?

Ilogik

something loose on the car, giving the impression its the brakes, put the soft top down, check nothing is loose in the frunk.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

Tamasbako

I think I might have the same issue for a while...
Replaced discs/pads to get rid of it and it's still there. Under mild braking I can hear the clanking. If I'm coming down a hill in traffic then I can also hear it slowing down (as I brake slowly but because of the hill the weight is transfered to the front). I'm going to replace both front calipers and see if that helps. I think the caliper is sticking !?

Acehole

Yeah all tight bryan and i will try that Ilogik but it sounds underneath the car not from inside but might check hardtop etc just incase, my other half was outside the car and i had her listening for it and she said it sounds like its coming from the front wheel. Hope you have more luck than me tamasbako.
Ex Owner of a ...2000 X Silver (1DO) Air con with Red leather and Hardtop, JDL spoiler, 17" Momo Corse wheels, Custom exhaust system by Pipecraft, K&N 57i Gen2 Cold Air Induction Kit Facelift Indies. Full main dealer history

Ilogik

Quote from: "Acehole"Yeah all tight bryan and i will try that Ilogik but it sounds underneath the car not from inside but might check hardtop etc just incase, my other half was outside the car and i had her listening for it and she said it sounds like its coming from the front wheel. Hope you have more luck than me tamasbako.

You brake line hasn't come away has it?
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

MR 2ster

Chekc if the pads are seated correctly in the carriers, maybe a spring clip has come loose? Did you put the litttle springs on top of the pads back on?

enid_b

Quote from: "Acehole"....my other half was outside the car and i had her listening for it and she said it sounds like its coming from the front wheel. .

I would not place to much credence on that, if she is a girly girl.  s:) :) s:)   unless of course she is a trained motor mechanic, and in which case i will look rather foolish

[disclaimer:light hearted banter not meant to offend or inflame, please forgive minor sexist remarks in light of the intended humour]

[ultra touchy feely pc mode now restored]

i do hope you find the solution chap   s:D :D s:D
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

diddy

drop link? wheel bearing?

Tags: