Made my own side strikers for hard top

Started by Anonymous, October 25, 2009, 12:26

Anonymous

Yes they are a bit of a botch and yes they might not be the best thing in the world but well done for trying to make something to save the pennies and don't be disheartened by any negative comments, sometimes a good idea can make a fortune   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Les

DannyN

Quote from: "Dan M"And I'm not a plonker  s:( :( s:(

I was amalgamating   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Anonymous

DannyN

can we have that with shades and a "thumbs up" please

or

Should we call you "Dave"  ?

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "DannyN"
Quote from: "life of bryan"The problem is that you are one of three people on this post who's opinion i value the least.

dont like him as a person or a post'r if you like - slag him off for being a plonker (which I and many other have) if you like.
But your stupid not to value his opinion on the ways of the roadster and in this respect even more so.

Why is that?For the large amount of usefull sarcasm brought to this forum?

roger

[MOD=roger]OK guys, nuff said. Each side of the fence have had their say - lets leave it at that. I haven't locked the thread, but will (if I am around) delete any more what I consider to be provocative posts.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

*Dan's edit*

Right, stealth editing is the lowest of the low, so I'll delete the entire (actually quite helpful) message. Toys, pram, gone. Sue me.

[MOD=roger] I thought the quite helpful bit of your post was, well quite helpful - but not the other comments. There was no stealth about my editing - I gave you fair warning - which you chose to ignore.  

[POSTER=Dan]It was a stealth edit, as in there was no PM given about it. I really couldn't care less if there's no specific rule saying that Mods don't have to shoot a PM when an edit is done, however it's always polite to do so regardless of prior warning or not. Them's my rules, and like the Club ones they're not written down either.   s:P :P s:P   s;) ;) s;)

DannyN

I'll take some pictures tomorrow to show how substantial the strikers are and then we can compare - Bent metal V's Forged metal.

But until it turns light tomorrow then is there any chance of an answer to my previous questions?

[/size]

Anonymous

[MOD=roger] edited

DannyN

The idea of creating your own strikers is a good one, its just that we dont believe this first version is strong enough.
The big question is whether or not it is possible to create your own version that is strong enough - and we dont know what the answer to that is just yet.

[MOD=roger] edited

[/size]

Anonymous

Under what club rules was my post edited?

DannyN

Cos you didnt listen to the Mod who stated..

but will (if I am around) delete any more what I consider to be provacative posts.

[/size]

Anonymous

Provocative? I stated an opinion based on how i construe the safety of said mod being applied.

Seriously, if we are modding such posts, we have a problem.

Anonymous

Quote from: "DannyN"Cos you didnt listen to the Mod who stated..

but will (if I am around) delete any more what I consider to be provacative posts.
And again i ask, which club rule meant my post was modded?

Anonymous

Quote from: "DannyN"The idea of creating your own strikers is a good one, its just that we dont believe this first version is strong enough.
The big question is whether or not it is possible to create your own version that is strong enough - and we dont know what the answer to that is just yet.

[MOD=roger] edited

Your's is an opinion i respect and i agree that a MK11 set needs making that are stronger so will get on that.

DannyN

Quote from: "life of bryan"
Quote from: "DannyN"The idea of creating your own strikers is a good one, its just that we dont believe this first version is strong enough.

[MOD=roger] edited

Your's is an opinion i respect and i agree that a MK11 set needs making that are stronger so will get on that.

Superb news   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
Good luck with your next venture, I and I'm sure Dan & Nelix, all feel happier now

[/size]

roger

Quote from: "nelix"
Quote from: "DannyN"Cos you didnt listen to the Mod who stated..

And again i ask, which club rule meant my post was modded?

MOD: Craig, the committee are currently grappling with your view that  anything goes unless there is a written rule to stop you. We consider the rule book will be quite large.  s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:   Since we currently don't have a rule book (as such) it is normally sufficient for a Moderators opinion to be accepted, if not necessarily agreed with. You repeated things that were said prior to my post, and I considered them not adding or helping the thread along.
Roger

Anonymous

Roger, i have no intention of making the mods role difficult, my post contained nothing which needed modded.

Anonymous

Is the current commitees view that we should endorse home made side strikers?

DannyN

Do you even remember what you wrote ?

Roger stated the following
but will (if I am around) delete any more what I consider to be provacative posts.[/quote]

You wrote along the lines of Bryan was wrong to try and make his own and he should just go out and buy the offical ones from Toyota
Therefore being provocative and not in the least helpful

It has nothing to do with what the commitee  thinks about strikers at all - your just being provocative again   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

[/size]

roger

Under normal circumstances, perhaps no. But the way this thread was going I felt that repeating views and opinions already stated (by either side of the fence) was not as I said...
Quoteadding or helping the thread along.

The thread seems to have reached a good conclusion, maybe we can leave it there.
Roger

gavw71

Just a couple of observations.

First of all, no one except the OP maybe, has any idea of the type of steel that's been used, so any assumption as to the strength of the brackets can only be an assumption. Although if the brackets have been formed using only a 2lb hammer, without the application of heat, then the structural strength of the steel at the bends will probably be reduced.

Secondly, I agree that £150 for side strikers from Mr.T does seem excessive, but what are you getting for your £150? Peace of mind - the original part has been designed and manufactured to perform a specific task. And in addition, they usually sell for a healthy price second hand - so you would probably recoup a significant part of the £150 when/if you decided to re-sell.
17" Team Dynamics Pro-Race 1.2\'s, TTE lowering springs, front & rear strut top braces, Markiii inlet pipe, K&N panel filter, CHE header, Magnex dual exit exhaust, Dastek Unichip, re-map by Noble Motorsport.

Anonymous

Quote from: "DannyN"Do you even remember what you wrote ?

Roger stated the following

You wrote along the lines of Bryan was wrong to try and make his own and he should just go out and buy the offical ones from Toyota
Therefore being provocative and not in the least helpful

It has nothing to do with what the commitee  thinks about strikers at all - your just being provocative again   s:roll: :roll: s:roll: [/quote]

And my opinion is not valid?
Danny, you don't like me, fine, ignore my posts.

DannyN

yawn

It has nothing to do with who I do or do not like, in this case its to do with who got modded ?

I only joined in this thread to advise Bryan that I didnt think his striker was substantial enough as I have a hardtop, he is now going to do another version so I'm happy.

night peeps

[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "DannyN"yawn

It has nothing to do with who I do or do not like, in this case its to do with who got modded ?

I only joined in this thread to advise Bryan that I didnt think his striker was substantial enough as I have a hardtop, he is now going to do another version so I'm happy.

night peeps

No problem, some of us are sheep, some are not.

Tags: