Made my own side strikers for hard top

Started by Anonymous, October 25, 2009, 12:26

gavw71

I once made a bracket for a rear "Crud" guard on my sons mountain bike using a piece of stainless steel. Altough it was only about 3mm thick, I found it was very hard to drill (using normal HSS bits and an electric drill) and also very hard to bend with no heat applied.
So if a decent grade stainless steel could be sourced in the correct size, then it may be suitable to make a pair of strikers. Not sure of the cost, but without the correct equipment, it would be hard to work with.
17" Team Dynamics Pro-Race 1.2\'s, TTE lowering springs, front & rear strut top braces, Markiii inlet pipe, K&N panel filter, CHE header, Magnex dual exit exhaust, Dastek Unichip, re-map by Noble Motorsport.

DannyN

Not easy taking pictures in the dark but here we go

Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Anonymous

Thanks for that Danny,is it me or do they look fatter on backend side than the front?Has anyone not put there hard top on yet and can take a pic of the top of the striker?

Anonymous

Ok, still strongly disagree with this, but best pics i could get in the dark with the roof up.

Anonymous

Thanks for the unexpected nice gesture Craig,I know your stance on this but I intend to make these as close as possible to the originals.

DannyN

Better pictures than mine
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "DannyN"Better pictures than mine

Picasa Danny.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: