Started by mph, February 20, 2004, 13:24

mph

[thread hijack alert]

What is "Quad Longlife System" as referred to in your signature?
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

A couple of weeks ago I had a custom built exhaust system from longlife.  It is a stainless steal "free flow" system with four 2.5" outlets.
They can build any system you want to your specification.  They are well worth a try for anyone who is looking for a new exhaust.  The finish and service is outstanding!!
They also give you a letter to say that it is not a sports mod so it doesn't affect your insurance (although it does increase power) and a lifetime guarantee.

Slacey

Ian, we need a pic!
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Slacey

Ian mailed me a pic, here it is...

Anonymous

Now thats nice, and the price is   s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

not bad, not bad.... badges are in a strange place though   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

I like, but then i would having the same outlets   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

I had the same system on my Mk 2 (quad from longlife),  nice sound and very good service as said  :-) :-) :-)

Slacey

Quote from: "krisclarkuk"not bad, not bad.... badges are in a strange place though   s:? :? s:?
You know, I've been looking at that pic for a while (I had to resize it) and I never noticed that  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

Quote from: "cartell"Now thats nice, and the price is   s:?: :?: s:?:

Embarrassingly expensive  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

very nice!

Anonymous

I know about the badges, I was waiting for someone to point it out.  I am guessing the last owner got a shunt from behind and had to replace the bumper, it doesn't take a lot to damage them, one of my mates has an MR-S and has had to replace the bumper twice in as many months.  Whatever idiot worked on it must have played "pin the badge on the Roadster" until it looked O.K.  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  
I was going to ask anyway, does anyone know if it is easy to remove the badges?
Anyway, back to the point.
Myself and the above mate asked for a quote and was given a price of less than £400 each with discount because we took them in together.
When it came to the day it turned out the quote was wrong and it should have been closer to £800 each, but the original price was in writing so they had to honour it  s:!: :!: s:!:    s:!: :!: s:!:    s:!: :!: s:!:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
I don't know if I would pay £800 for it because there are others who can build a similar system for around £450 but I'm not sure about the quality.  I don't think they will make the same mistake again either.

Slacey

Ian, I have PM'd regarding the badges.

Anonymous

cost me £350 but that was 4 years ago, price depended a lot on the tips you chose

DAZ400

My new exhaust cost a grand but I have a complete new system including box and a high flow high performance racing CAT........
SOLD No more 2. Just a bus for the family..........

heathstimpson

I don't normally like quad tips on roadsters but it does not look too bad at all  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

The original quote was for the MK2, they assumed it was the same setup but turned out to be a lot more work because the whole system including the cat had to be removed to do the job.

Anonymous

Quote from: "perry190"cost me £350 but that was 4 years ago, price depended a lot on the tips you chose

Too expensive, try this one   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  :

s:arrow: :arrow: s:arrow:  4 pipes exhaust @ 399 Euros.......

Anonymous

Looks a bit shite though

Anonymous

It looks O.K. but you would be able to see the "Y" joint which would make it look cheap once its on the car.
It looks like it is mild steal too (although I can't read the details).

I'v gone cheap in the past and been sorry (not the only one probably).

Its a lot of money to spend if it ends up looking like you have just put tail extentions on single pipes  s:!: :!: s:!:

Draggon

Sorry to bump this thread again...

But just had a quote for the twin/twins at £499 all in....very professional service etc (so far)

Anyone else had/have this exhaust...whats it like for noise/ performance etc?

Thanks
Black 04 MR2 Roadster, Black Leather. David Style Chrome Bars (1 piece). Dev\'s keyhole covers, Dev\'s BL Visor, Small Mongo\'s with eagle stickers, J-spec nose badge, spyder rear badge, ST Crystal side indicators. TTE Springs :)

rtbiscuit

where was the £499 quote from, i might be interested. was looking at an H&S but do like the look of the quads
current car: Jaguar XKR

Previous cars:

Honda S2000 - Nissan 350Z - Honda CTR - Toyota MR2 roadster - Peugeot 306 GTi6

Proud owner of 2 Enid stars!!!

Peter Wright

Quote from: "rtbiscuit"was looking at an H&S but do like the look of the quads
The quads are personal, at H & S you pick whatever tailpipes you like and they weld them on
Pete
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Anonymous

Got mine at Exhuast UK for £400 including fitting  CLICKY

Thread is  HERE

Tags: