Take 2:Roll up, roll up, how much power/torque will it make?

Started by AC, November 13, 2009, 18:02

Anonymous

Nice one Andy - great result I would say. Just take your time  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Rob

AC

Thanks guys.

Yeah I'm really pleased with the result, the performance is just staggering, exactly like a turbo should be.  Its been a fair old drag to get to this, in time, trouble and expense but after this result I can honestly say the turbo route is worth pursuing.  I wasn't so sure prior to it.

Some interesting comments came out of 2nd mapping; Noble reckon the E-manage software isn't that precise, after I swapped the 310 injctors to the 440's and worked out the correction factor the car on boost was running an AFR of 14.9  s:scared: :scared: s:scared: .  So anybody swapping injectors out are wisely advised to re-map before running on boost.  At stage 1 the 310's were the bottleneck though, with the 440's more than enough fuel throughout, no pressure issues and now no wastegate creep, in fact the reverse.  The airflow adjustment has now been zero'd so its just timing and fueling as far as the E-manage is concerned.  Intake temps aren't known as the MAF is pre turbo, but the CC stayed stone cold throughout.  As creep is no longer an issue the wastegate actuator is set to 0.5 bar with the manual boost controller taking it up to 0.87 bar.  On the power runs it pulled to the limiter, 7029rpm curiously, with no problems. Took Noble just 2 hours to achieve this.

I have to say the set-up feels sweet, smooth off boost, starts pulling after 2500rpm with useful urge and at/after 3000rpm the harder you press the gas the more savage the delivery.  In this weather 1st, 2nd and even 3rd on occassion have limited use as the wheels just spin up if pressing the gas pedal past moderately.  I've been short shifting around 5000 as even that feels obscene.  Caution is certainly advised, I'm treading carefully.

[size=85]The famous Walter Rohrl once said "Stay away from rear-wheel-drive cars unless.......", I had to agree on one particular occasion, but we did live happily ever after (apart from the trousers, they were a write off).

roger

Quote from: "AC"the car on boost was running an AFR of 14.9  s:scared: :scared: s:scared: .  .

No problems there, 14.7 is the most efficient.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

muffdan

under boost, you want to be running much richer than 14.7 rog.  s:) :) s:)
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Tags: