Extended Warranty - First Experiences

Started by darrenjuggins, February 24, 2004, 18:25

Anonymous

well that's what you'd think. I'm waiting for the woman to call me back so I can reconfirm her line with her, make sure she wants to stick with it

Anonymous

QuoteI will have to dig out the paperwork for the Toyota garage that replaced them last June, Herts somewhere (maybe Harpenden rings a bell), and see what they say about it all

Steve if you can find that paperwork, see if there is any reference to a 1 year warranty specific to any work/parts that is carried out irrespective of warranty or whether one has paid cash for it.

I would have thought replacement items carry their own individual warranty period.

Anonymous

well just spoke to the lady again and she is still sticking with her guns, anything done under warranty (on the wheels, she said it wouldnt be the same for the engine) would then not be covered under warranty.

I said "well how about coming from this angle, the wheels are less than a year old, are you saying that Toyota dont guarantee for a year something they fix?". She said "yes"    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  
I said "please please please can you go away and check that this is right, cos I know it sounds very very wrong"

Well well, as I type I received a call from lady Toyota, checked the details out and my wheels were changed only in July last year, and the warrantly lass told lady T that it was ok and they would do something about it.

So now i just got to hope that they've ALL started bubbling, as obviously I'd prefer a whole new set, will check later.

Tis quite a fun game and all that, but could really do without it all!

Liz

Are you speaking to Steph at Rayleigh Toyota, she is the best one to deal with?
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

yeah it is Steph I'm dealing with, nice lady, and usually fine, but kinda knew there was something wrong with the one statement.
But touch wood it's sorted now, taking it in Satdee for them to look at

Liz

Mine is going in on Friday to have works done, so thats why you aren't coming to the treasure hunt!!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

<ONE-OFF TOPIC DRIFT>

I'll take that as a written slap round the legs!!

Any idea what the estimated planned time is for pub arrival after the main event?
Might pop along just to say hi to all
cheers

</ONE-OFF TOPIC DRIFT>

Anonymous

if your warranty has runn out and the wheels have been changed less than 1 year ago then why arnt thay coverd under the 1 year parts warranty.
lets see,if you had brought the wheel over the parts counter and with in a year they had bubbled then surley you could take them back and ask for replacements,
its just the same for the service department of a dealer ship
the service department have to buy the wheels from the parts department
which are fitted to your car,
all parts fitted to a car while being fitted in a workshop come with a parts warranty and also if the part are faulty the labour could be claimed back as well if you are lucky
so push it and see what can happen

Anonymous

I doubt I'll have any luck then.  My warranty ran out in December and now this:

I've had the same problem.  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

When I bought the car I noticed that they had badly bubbled.  The guy I bought the car from said that he would get them replaced under warranty - He did.  This was June last year.  They have started to bubble/blister again.  I rang Toyota in Bletchley (That's where they were replaced) she said that they would not be replaced again, that it was NOT a known problem and that it would go on forever if I kept getting a years warranty on every part that's replaced...isn't that the idea? Has anyone alse used this dealers? Anyone I can talk to there?

Anonymous

Reading this thread, it's unbelievable we're talking about TOYOTA! One of my reasons for picking the MR2 was I expected faultless running and service. OK, I haven't had major problems (touching a lot of wood right now... even if I say so myself.. he he. Sorry) but from what I've read a warranty doesn't make much difference. My 2 is out of (Approved Used) warranty next week and I don't really care. Sounds like it doesn't cover too much at all.

No way I'll be extending it on the basis of these pages. My car has 15k on it, and I "plan"   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  to keep it to 100k. I would be well disappointed if something major went during that time. I'll be straight back to Honda in that case. Fingers crossed...

Tags: