Wizards of nos street blaster kit

Started by manchestermatt1986, November 17, 2009, 07:44

manchestermatt1986

About 6 months ago i was looking into getting a nos kit, the idea was washed out with research making it look like a dangerous option.

Iv done some research about the legality of using it on the road and insuring it and also about good and nad stories of use on NOS. My friend had it fitted to his mk1 mr2 which ended up being featured in fast car around 4 years ago. He still has the kit boxed up in his garage.

Its a 'wizards of nos street blaster kit with a digitital maximiser progressive controller, its a 11lb bottle, 70bhp jets running at %90 which is 56bhp'. #

Iv emailed wizards of nos and had a reply from the managing director saying that these kits are perfectly safe, but he is going to say that isnt he   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   i mean he knows i will have to either buy a new kit or have my friends serviced and fitted.

Anyone on here got opinions of use with nos, preferably from people who have used it in the past.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Matt
Toyota/TRD Stage 2 Kit - C-one Wing - Hardtop - Injen Induction - Inner Vent LED\'s - Double Din JVC - Armrest - Painted Calipers - Custom Heatshileld - Two Active Subs In Bins - Blitz Nur Spec-S - Team Dynamic 16" - Twin Vocal Speakers On Bin Lids - JSpec Gear Knob - Che Manifold - Angel Eye Fogs -

WillsSayers

It's always been something I've been interested in, but from what I gather it's a case of not if, but when you end up with bent engine internals!

]Appearance:[/b] :: Pre-facelift Toyota Bodykit :: Ducktail Spoiler :: TTE Style Bar :: Custard Gas Struts ::
Chassis: :: Front and Rear Strut Brace :: C-One Front and Rear Anti-roll Bar ::

chalced

I've been reading up quite abit about NOS and the different kits and ways of using it recently as I intend to fit it to my car next year.
From what I can gather it is perfectly safe as long as you dont use it stupidly.
A wet kit with a progressive nitrous delivery system seems to be the way I will be going as it puts less stress on the engine and other car components as you dont get that full 'kick' of acceleration which is what can cause problems, just a smooth overall powergain.
TBH I only intend to use it very occasionally anyhow (the odd blast down at Santa Pod) and it is mainly going to be for the 'show' scene which is where I take the car the most.

A gain of about 50 HP is more than a reasonable expectation, which is approx. a 2 second gain on a quarter mile run.

Watch this space........

Mel.

manchestermatt1986

Quote from: "chalced"I've been reading up quite abit about NOS and the different kits and ways of using it recently as I intend to fit it to my car next year.
From what I can gather it is perfectly safe as long as you dont use it stupidly.
A wet kit with a progressive nitrous delivery system seems to be the way I will be going as it puts less stress on the engine and other car components as you dont get that full 'kick' of acceleration which is what can cause problems, just a smooth overall powergain.
TBH I only intend to use it very occasionally anyhow (the odd blast down at Santa Pod) and it is mainly going to be for the 'show' scene which is where I take the car the most.

A gain of about 50 HP is more than a reasonable expectation, which is approx. a 2 second gain on a quarter mile run.

Watch this space........

Mel.

this is what i was thinking and to be honest im not into driving fast over 70mph, at santa pod for example' more like blasting chavs off the line up to 60mph. but yes i will be getting a decent progressive controller. im just hearing stories of blown engines more and more, as above for an example. i want to know more off people who have used it before, and not just for dragging at raceways
Toyota/TRD Stage 2 Kit - C-one Wing - Hardtop - Injen Induction - Inner Vent LED\'s - Double Din JVC - Armrest - Painted Calipers - Custom Heatshileld - Two Active Subs In Bins - Blitz Nur Spec-S - Team Dynamic 16" - Twin Vocal Speakers On Bin Lids - JSpec Gear Knob - Che Manifold - Angel Eye Fogs -

spit

NOS has had an unfavourable rep across this Club and others in the past, but from what I've read a wet kit is the way to go.

Our 1zz has been proven to cope with twice the power and torque of its standard spec, so providing the 50HP punch is sensibly introduced and the mix is managed, I guess its entirely doable.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

muffdan

agreed, it's all about the fuel/air/nos mix and making sure you're not detonating. If you can manage/guarantee that, then you should be ok.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

manchestermatt1986

well i received an email back from wizards of nos, as quoted:

Hi Matthew,
Thanks for your enquiry.  

We advise all customers to fit the system with 25bhp jets, so you will need to purchase a pair at £12 (including postage & VAT).  It is also advisable to increase in steps no greater than 25bhp, so after producing satisfactory results with the 25bhp jets, you can then increase to 50bhp.

Another safety precaution you might be interested in, is having your solenoids checked by us, to ensure that they have not been damaged/tampered with.  We charge £70 plus the cost of any necessary parts (assuming they're not damaged beyond repair).

I'm sure you'll find the thread  m http://forum.nitrous-advice.org/viewtop ... f=6&t=2931 m  of interest.

You should be able to find your nearest Highpower agent on page  m http://www.noswizard.com/uk_map.php m  but should you experience any difficulty I'll be happy to assist you further.

Regards,
Lisa

so i think im going to buy my friends old kit off his mk1 and get the 25bhp jets first and then i will probably buy new 50bhp jets just so i know there fresh and new. hopefully sort it out this weekend.

then one dry day next week, fun fun fun   s:D :D s:D

muffdan

cool, interested to see how you get on!
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

manchestermatt1986

you mean my engine is going to be the guinea pig!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

well if it does blow ill just buy a 2zz   s8) 8) s8)

E

Quote from: "manchestermatt1986"We advise all customers to fit the system with 25bhp jets, so you will need to purchase a pair at £12 (including postage & VAT).  It is also advisable to increase in steps no greater than 25bhp, so after producing satisfactory results with the 25bhp jets, you can then increase to 50bhp.

Right so if im reading this right the safety is, you try 25 bhp if its ok you try 50 bhp if this blows you engine you drop back to 25 bhp, Brilliant.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

spit

Its an interesting suggestion. Any indication of how you know that you're getting satisfactory results? Are there any recommendations for gauges/monitoring to provide you with the feedback you need?
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Wabbitkilla

Knowing we have zero experience of NOs it might be useful to look and ask on IMOC as i spotted one or two members at JAE had fitted kits. They'll be on MK2s but their experiences might prove useful.

Interesting little project, keep us updated please.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Tags: