Yet another topic about water in storage bins...

Started by Tem, November 22, 2009, 23:42

Tem

No, I don't have water there and hopefully this is new info, at least I haven't seen this before. Looks like the water will find it's way out, if it ever gets past the plastic bins. Apparently Toyota knew/assumed that some water will make it's way over there too. So unless you have some aftermarket electronics or something down there, you apparently shouldn't worry too much about water in the bins..

Here's a view on the right side storage bin, under the plastics and tank removed.

Closeup of the rubber "plug" in the center of the pic above.

Notice that it isn't actually a plug, but a drain.

Same drain from below, you can see it actually is a drain hose. It's normally hidden behind the fuel tank and you can't see it.

Closeup of the drain hose above. Nice and hidden place for some rust...

And here's where the drain hose exits, behind the side vent, next to the bigger top drain pipe.

Closeup of the exit.

Similar hose on the other side too.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Dyn-Evo

So......(and I know its not the "correct" way to do things!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  )

......you could simply drill a little drain hole in the bottom of the plastic bins, too....!?  s:D :D s:D
Current: 2006 Toyota Corolla T-Sport COMPRESSOR 215hp, Silver, totally stock!
EX]V6[/color]  \":-)\"   )
Black Leather interior, "micro-lip" rear spoiler, Refurbed OEM 15" Pewter Metallics, Cobra Quad-Exit, HEL SS braided hoses, EBC pads, AEM DryFlow CAI.
Ex: "NightHawk" MR2 Mk1 4AG-ZE AE101 S/C conversion (170hp), water injection
Ex: MR2 Mk1b stock 4AGE

Tem

Quote from: "Dyn-Evo"......you could simply drill a little drain hole in the bottom of the plastic bins, too....!?  s:D :D s:D

You could.  s8) 8) s8)  At least the water would drain out, if you ever got it in the bins.

Of course you should also keep the main drains open, but as we all know, they sometimes get blocked, if you just let them be.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

normanh

I did my drains in the summer no problems,there was lots of water sloshing about and guess what the drains were blocked. Then yesterday found the same with the rain, the offside was full to the gunwales and the drain was blocked and needed the handy net curtain wire that i have handy to unblock it.

normanh

Silverman

I was told by my local MrT that checking/clearing the rear cockpit drains was not on the Roadster servicing schedule?!?!    s:( :( s:(
Sold after 4 great years......         04 \'2\', 6s, Silver, TTE Interior Trim Kit No 1, TTE Sports Twin Exhausts.

"An MR2 is good for you."

mrzwei

The 'net curtain wire fix' sounds better than removing the side vents etc. So you just stuff some curtain wire down from the top and twist, or what?
Quote from: normanhI did my drains in the summer no problems,there was lots of water sloshing about and guess what the drains were blocked. Then yesterday found the same with the rain, the offside was full to the gunwales and the drain was blocked and needed the handy net curtain wire that i have handy to unblock it.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

normanh

Yup its as simple as that, you will see the curtain wire throught the side grills, its just like rodding a drain, a drop of water after clears any debris, I fished a few leaves out which wont be cleared by the curtain wire, its pretty gentle and you get more marks on your arm that anything else.

normanh

Tags: