So how did your day start?

Started by aaronjb, November 24, 2009, 12:30

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "ChrisGB"How about hand painting it mat black and running a rat motor?

Chris

Actually, you know that's not such a bad idea!

Who's gonna rub up against that bad boy?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

aaronjb

I think I'd rather run a proper Rat Rod:

(I actually do quite like proper American Hot Rods - not so practical over here, but oh so rare..)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

hi and sorry to hear about the damage,just had my drivers door replaced/painted etc,a woman left a note so there is decent people out there but not many these days,.(people dont seem to see the mr2s when they are parked up!)  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

ad_car_08

I had the same kind of thing happen to me.

Christmas Eve just gone, I got a call from my folks next door neighbour. Someone had reversed around the corner that my car was parked on (which was more on the path than on the road, for the record!), must've took it way too tightly and managed to press a crease in my drivers rear quarter panel, broke my tail light and left dirty great big scratches of lime green paint across the corner of my bumper. Luckily a couple from down the road saw it happen & saw the chap drive off too...he returned later with his insurance certificates though after I knocked on the door of the people he was apparently visiting!

To add insult to injury, 2 weeks to the precise hour, some herbert in his 4x4 decided to keep on reversing (despite me tooting my horn) in to me, only stopping when his arse end was parked halfway up my bonnet! Luckily no under bonnet damage, but my car's currently sporting some "lovely" silver scrapes over the bumper and bonnet, as well as a dent in the bonnet and a wobbly headlight.

Again, luckily it's all being sorted via insurance companies, but I can really feel your pain aaron and know how your what you mean when you cant be bothered with fixing your car, only for some idiot to scrape or dent it again!!  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
[size=85]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster - Track toy
Honda Civic EX 1.0T - Company Car
[/size]

mrzwei

Quote from: "aaronjb"I think I'd rather run a proper Rat Rod:

(I actually do quite like proper American Hot Rods - not so practical over here, but oh so rare..)

Maybe it's just me, but that chassis rail seems to be significantly lower in the middle than it does at either end. May flex a little if cornered?   s:D :D s:D
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Anonymous

I bet that thing's never been near a corner in it's life   s:D :D s:D  

Quote from: "ad_car_08"Someone had reversed around the corner that my car was parked on (which was more on the path than on the road, for the record!)
So parked on a corner AND on a path? Not exactly the best place to park in the first place, is it?

m0jo

gutted for you  s:( :( s:(
MR2 MK3 (import) - TRD Kit other mods pending

ad_car_08

Quote from: "Dan M"I bet that thing's never been near a corner in it's life   s:D :D s:D  

Quote from: "ad_car_08"Someone had reversed around the corner that my car was parked on (which was more on the path than on the road, for the record!)
So parked on a corner AND on a path? Not exactly the best place to park in the first place, is it?

It's right outside my parents house, who live on a corner. There's literally no where else to park.
Plus, having parked more on the path than the road, you'd have thought it would give people more than plenty of room to reverse around, should they feel the need to reverse to turn their cars round to exit the cul-de-sac
[/size]

Anonymous

Somehow I find that difficult to believe, unless you mean that there's nowhere you can park that doesn't involve a short walk.

ad_car_08

Quote from: "Dan M"Somehow I find that difficult to believe, unless you mean that there's nowhere you can park that doesn't involve a short walk.

Not unless I want to park it outside someone elses house and block them on their drive, no
[/size]

Anonymous

Block your parents in?

ad_car_08

Quote from: "ad_car_08"It's right outside my parents house, who live on a corner. There's literally no where else to park.
Plus, having parked more on the path than the road, you'd have thought it would give people more than plenty of room to reverse around, should they feel the need to reverse to turn their cars round to exit the cul-de-sac

Are your eyes failing you today Dan?? lol  

That's where I parked!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[/size]

ChrisGB

Highway code section 243 iirc.

Having said that, where I live the cul de sacs are arranged in really odd ways that leave it quite unclear as to what is a junction or communal courtyard, or even where the pavement is / is not.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

ad_car_08

Jeeez if you're all going to get pinikity about this...

I wasn't parked on a main highway, it's a minor road...in a cul de sac, so I'm sure appropriate discretion would be used here
I wasn't directly blocking a properties entrance, but half blocked my parents cars on their drive enough to allow my dad to reverse around my car when we all jumped into his car to go to visit relatives.
I wasn't parked facing against the direction of traffic

Now if you'd kindly get off my back and stop acting all righteous...  s:? :? s:?
[/size]

ad_car_08

Quote from: "ad_car_08"Jeeez if you're all going to get pinikity about this...

I wasn't parked on a main highway, it's a minor road...in a cul de sac, so I'm sure appropriate discretion would be used here
I wasn't directly blocking a properties entrance, but half blocked my parents cars on their drive enough to allow my dad to reverse around my car when we all jumped into his car to go to visit relatives.
I wasn't parked facing against the direction of traffic

Now if you'd kindly get off my back and stop acting all righteous...  s:? :? s:?
I don't see you giving this much crap to aaron for having his car parked on the road!!
[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "ChrisGB"Highway code section 243 iirc.
Exactly what I was getting at Chris.

Perhaps if you don't park in a retarded position then you may get some sympathy. However, as I live in a road where people do tend to park right on the corner so as to block the view for others coming and going, you'll find me distinctly lacking in sympathy for your plight.

ad_car_08

I think you're confusing the facts Dan and I don't appreciate the way you're wording your replies.

I was parked on a quiet corner in a cul de sac, not on a corner in a cul-de-sac that lead onto a main road. I didn't, nor would parking there ever block the view for others coming and going.... The third party said themselves, they took the corner too sharply and collided with my car
[/size]

aaronjb

Dan, you're starting to come across like an ass here.. don't make me have to lock my own thread, hmm?
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

I was merely stating that parking on a corner is ultimately a really stupid thing to do. If that befits a lock then feel free, it's not actually that big a deal to me.

nacnud

My sis has owned a MK1 MX5 for about 10 years. She had only had it a few weeks when it was damaged by an unknown car/driver in a pub car park. She had parked correctly in a corner space, next to the car park exit, front end facing outwards. We came out of the pub to find the front bumper moulding hanging off and badly scratched, one headlight pod damaged, the bonnet dented, the wing 'crushed' and a broken spring. As we were looking open mouthed wondering how the damage happpened someone came out of the pub and told us that she had seen a big 4x4 cut the corner and literally drive over the car with his back wheel. Never did find out who it was.

mrzwei

Always leave a note on the windscreen, even if it only says ' the onlookers think I'm leaving my name and address'    s:D :D s:D
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Anonymous

Sorry to hear of your misfortune(s).   It is just so thoughtless to bang into someone's car and not leave a note.   You'll feel better if you get it fixed.  Don't you still have some really nice upgrades in the car (mechanically and so on)?   I'm with you on the rat rod idea, though.  It would be nice to have a car that needs no attention besides gas (that would be 'petrol'), tires, and oil.  There's a certain Mad Max appeal to them.

Tags: