SNOW

Started by alancdavis, December 22, 2009, 11:43

alancdavis

Due to the obvious bad weather shall we post a snow report for where we live to maybe help in ant members travel plans

Barrow in Furness,Cumbria.........  2 or 3 cm light snow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,roads ok
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Anonymous

Reading was a nightmare last night, left the office at 1600, the journey back to my house taked 30 mins in rush hour, took me FOUR HOURS!!
not too bad this morning, main roads have been gritted, still managed to whack the '2 into a kerb   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  
no serious damage, just left the alloy a bit scraped, needed a refurb/replace anyway, will get alignment checked as well.
I was really impressed with its performance last night, quite a lot of sideways moevement but didnt get stuck once, had to push a few other cars though.

uktotty

Took my mate 11 hours to get 5 miles yesterday, so Reading and area are pretty bad with lots of abandoned vehicles.
Took some people 3 hours to leave the car park!

I wnt out for a drive last night and it was fun   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

Thudd

Starting to snow again here (Chesterfield, Derbyshire). Still got 2" from Sunday.

AC

Erm, perfect driving weather with me  s:scared: :scared: s:scared: , I'm at the foot of the Pennine's, East Lancashire, J21 off M62, halfway between Manchester and Leeds.

We've had over 10 inches (  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ) since Friday.  I dusted the 2 off yesterday, what you can see on the car is just what we've had today!  I'm thinking of turning the thing upside down, attaching a piece of rope to the towing eye and going off sledging 2'style  s:lol: :lol: s:lol: .

Happy blinkin Christmas everybody.

[size=85]The famous Walter Rohrl once said "Stay away from rear-wheel-drive cars unless.......", I had to agree on one particular occasion, but we did live happily ever after (apart from the trousers, they were a write off).

Ilogik

Not to bad here in Brum, the roads that weren't gritted or driven on a fair amount all seem very slippy though, but no more snow. Main routes are fine.
Current: Genuine GT300 Monocraft running a 2ZZ-GE
Ex: Trial kitted Cam\'d Power fc
Ex: TRD stage 1 TTE Turbo

normanh

Hopefully South Essex is in the middle of a thaw most has gone now, just the ice left

normanh

Mad Matt

Wavre (26km south of Brussels in Belgium): Snow was up to my knee until yesterday. Minor roads were snow bound and still are, but the motorways were clear to Luxembourg.

First time with a lot of snow in the MR2. I found I was basically steering on the accelerator; turn the front wheels a bit and use the power to turn   s:D :D s:D  

I can't quite bring myself to invest in winter tyres, but perhaps I should.

Anyway, the snow is now turning to sleet so there may be some black ice as the temperature drops tonight.

Anonymous

Quote from: "AC"Erm, perfect driving weather with me  s:scared: :scared: s:scared: , I'm at the foot of the Penine's, East Lancashire, J21 off M62, halfway between Manchester and Leeds.

We've had over 10 inches (  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ) since Friday.  I dusted the 2 off yesterday, what you can see on the car is just what we've had today!  I'm thinking of turning the thing upside down, attaching a piece of rope to the towing eye and going off sledging 2'style  s:lol: :lol: s:lol: .

Happy blinkin Christmas everybody.

Its exactly the same here.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:flame: :flame: s:flame:

JudoKilli

Most of the main roads in Essex are perfectly fine for normal driving now. Back roads, small streets and car parks are still very icy   s:P :P s:P

ChrisHumes

getting very icy up here is sunny newcastle, roads are shocking in places as council dont look to have been out gritting. mr2's a nightmare to drive (took the wife 1.5 hours to do a 20 min journey. I gave in and lent her my tt, superb in the snow, and fun if you want it to be!

StuM

Still lots of black ice to be aware of in Surrey and small pockets on snow on higher ground, but the worst has past.

Stu M

Ex 2001 Lagoon Blue Mr2 Roadster
Now - 1985 VW T25 Panel Van \":-)\"

mrzwei

Off to Germany on Thursday (not with the 2 though); M3, M25, M26, M20, Tunnel, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, all motorway except for the last bit so fingers crossed really. Live near Reading and there is nothing to add apart from the non activity by the local council. They used to grit before the problem given the accuracy of weather forcasting these days but hey ho.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

custardavenger

Been Ok in Salisbury, But was a nightmare in Basingstoke yesterday. Had my 2 out for the first time since JAE maybe  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  . Drive to town was fine. No problems, That was until I got home and couldn't get up the drive. Had to take a run at it and hope I could stop.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

Anonymous

Quote from: "mrzwei"Off to Germany on Thursday... M20, Tunnel, France...
s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Best of luck mate, hope they get it open in time! I heard today that they're only just accepting passengers from Saturday, fingers crossed they empty the backlog by then for you.

alancdavis

All the snow has gone this morning in Barrow.......10 miles east it is terrible conditions on the roads......glad I live on the coast   s:) :) s:)
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Mad Matt

@mrzwei

Seems to be clear through France and Belgium at least. A few inches arrived in the south overnight but the main roads seem unaffected. I believe Eurotunnel, as opposed to Eurostar, is only slightly delayed and should be OK as long as you've already got a ticket.

Silverman

Well that's got the introductory phase over.   Now stand by for a real dollop later this week, the men with
the seaweed and fircones predict.     s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:    s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
Sold after 4 great years......         04 \'2\', 6s, Silver, TTE Interior Trim Kit No 1, TTE Sports Twin Exhausts.

"An MR2 is good for you."

DannyN

Spent 2 hours shovelling ice from our drive and the edge of the street, it was 3" deep in parts and rock solid like concrete
Quote from: \"DannyN\"There are 10 types of people in the world,
Those who understand Binary and those that don\'t...

[size=75]Black 51 165 BHP - Hardtop ON - Teins - Apexi Power FC - AEM Induction (Cleaned) - Crower Cams - Forged Pistons - Iridium Plugs - Zero Manifold - SP Downpipe - H&S - TRD SS - Corkys MSMB - Goodridge - \'03 Vents - Devs - Bamas - Crystal Indies - Mongos.
[/size]

Anonymous

WANT MOAR FREEZING SKY WATER HERE PLZ  s:( :( s:(

enid_b

its been raining here all day, and the road has frozen solid. we still have a good 8" of snow left in the back garden, even after it has been melting for 24 hours now.

official white christmas here too as well. snowed yesterday, albeit quite gently in comparison to the last few days.

got a really big shock when all the snow slid off the roof today. it was about 3 seconds after i had put my fag out, and was just closing the back door. it could have been monumentally funny for the other occupants of the house, but i managed to escape untarnished.
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

enid_b

and its snowing again quite heavily.

just getting me ready for my boarding trip tomorrow. oh, did i mention im off to Austria snowboarding for a week?    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D
Ex \'51 Roadster, now  Verso SR !!! the official MR2ROC support vehicle.
Quote from: \"markiii to deej\"the difference will be because your old plugs were fubared

a bloke with a flint would likely have been an improvement

JudoKilli

Tiny bit of snow in Chelmsford and Southend in Essex last night/this morning. Cold enough that it settled, so smaller roads can be quite slippery around here.

blahpony

This was a couple weeks ago. It's mostly melted since then.

Tags: