Word of Warning

Started by uktotty, January 15, 2010, 01:01

uktotty

If like me, your MR2 has been laid up due to the snow, use an optimate.
If you battery dies to the level mine did, your alarm will go off at midnight waking all the neighbours and then you cant open the door or turn it off due to the fact your battery is dead.
Just to let you know, keep it charged or take it out.

custardavenger

LOL. your neighbours really love you and your car don't they.
[size=150]Custard\'s Bonnet/Engine Cover Struts[/size] Clicky Round 2
Custard\'s Bracing Clicky Coming soon
Project Custard Clicky

Anonymous

Lollerskates  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Reminds me of the call Mark got from Chris when we were in the middle of Demon Tweeks  s:D :D s:D

uktotty

This is of course after I relocated the alarm to make it as loud as I possibly could!

markiii

Quote from: "Dan M"Lollerskates  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Reminds me of the call Mark got from Chris when we were in the middle of Demon Tweeks  s:D :D s:D

yes trying to explain to my rather mechanically inept Mrs where in teh garage to find a spanner (what a spanner actually is) how to manually unlock the car and disconnect the battery in the cold and dark with teh neighbours giving her dirty looks was an experience I have no wish to repeat  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

mrzwei

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  Top thread!
Seriously, my old battery has got to the 'clicking point' on serveral occasions having been left without starting up. So at what point is the alarm set off? I've not seen this posted before.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

markiii

when teh battery is so dead teh alarm thinks someone pulled power to kill your alarm

the alarm then uses its internal battery to sound off
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Quote from: "markiii"when the battery is so dead the alarm thinks someone pulled power to kill your alarm

the alarm then uses its internal battery to sound off

Is there any way you could tap into that power and use it as a booster to get the car started?

(Yes I am taking the pee   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

Tags: