Wiring new amp.... Power and earth where??

Started by Anonymous, January 22, 2010, 14:08

Anonymous

Found my old amp and thought well, lets give it a shot to wire up my component speakers at front. (alpine head unit and new speakers of 300watt), but hell where on earth to you thread the power line from battery to the lil compartments behind seats? (thats where i want the amp to sit) Ive tried pulling the plug just above battery and there's a hole, but you cant see where it leads as there's wall straight in front of you? Also where would i then be able to earth it? Many cars ive done and this is a nightmare with battery at rear with convertable roof to overcome lol. Help is needed please  s:-( :-( s:-(

uktotty

straight through the rubber grommet from the battery into the rear bins

Anonymous

i passed the wires through a grommet which is on the right hand side if you at the back looking into the engine bay.

Anonymous

yeah i removed the rubber gromet, top far left above battery but as i said, which way do i feed it as there's a tunnel left and right, in front of you there's a block and it only goes either way. Ive removed the panel in cuboard, inside on the right, and still cant see where it would shoot out from? lol

uktotty

screwdriver to punch a bigger hole, coat hanger to drag that old wire through!

Anonymous

Ah think we're talking about 2 different gromits here. Guess the gromit it should be is the one from inside the cuboard, right hand side tucked away in corner. Punch hole in that then thread it through, which should pop out other side bottom of engine bay? that correct?

uktotty

Correct, but they are the rear bins, cupboards are much larger than that

Tags: