Sportivo install

Started by Tem, June 26, 2003, 10:00

Tem

Just noticed I didn't install those 2 lil metal thingies that apparently affect rear camber or something...? Talking about the ones left from the 4 bushes in the pic below, I'm sure ppl who have this know them:
 m http://www.japanparts.com/New_web/TOYOT ... usset1.jpg m

Anyway, gonna have the car aligned today and should install those before it. How easy it is to install them..? Do I need an hour or two for them..? Any handy tips for the job..?

(everything else is already installed)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

markiii

Tem,

exactly the mistake I made when I installed mine. The general consenus was that they are necessary. I've yet to decide if it induces positive or negative camber.

The crosmmember they go on supports one of the engine mounts so installing in them is interesting. You need to raise the car slightly and then lower the crossmember while still supporting it. It's fiddly so allow a good hour or 2 to get them in.

Mark.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tem

Thanks. Better reserve 2 hours to be safe then.

Tem

That was actually a lot easier than it sounded. Here's what I. Took less than 30 mins, including change of clothes and a shower  s:) :) s:)

1) Drive the rear wheels on some 2x4" pieces of wood. Probably not needed, if you get Calista Flockhart to do the install.

2) Remove all 4 bolts.

3) Put the metal thingies in place.

4) Put those 4 bolts back.

I did have a jack to support the crossmember bar, but I found out it barely dropped down few mm's. Barely enough to fit the metal thingies inbetween, actually I had to pull it downwards when inserting them. Not sure if that's the way it is stock, or if the TRD member brace set had something to do with it...?

markiii

if I had Callista Flockhart in my garage she wouldn't be working on the car.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tem

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: