vinp182

Did you find out what this was cuz mine does it   s:( :( s:(
2001 Nissan Silvia S15 SpecR
2000 MR-S...... Between engines
1993 Rev4 Turbo mk2 300whp
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2
2004 Renaultsport Clio182

vinp182

Just thought i'd post up what i found for anyone else that might have this problem

My problem was the cat

When i had it removed we found that there was hardly anything left of it which was making the whistle sound

New custom exhaust with sports cat has solved my problem   s:D :D s:D
2001 Nissan Silvia S15 SpecR
2000 MR-S...... Between engines
1993 Rev4 Turbo mk2 300whp
1994 Rev3 Turbo mk2
2004 Renaultsport Clio182

Wabbitkilla

Interesting that's the second main cat I've heard of disintegration recently!
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

The Gimp

Quote from: "uktotty"what is an accessory belt? Sounds like something from Primark
Made me giggle lol!!

You sure your car isnt supercharged  s:) :) s:)

But more seriously, it could be a loose bearing (but thats generally more of a wurring sound).

Have you had the car pressure tested for air leaks, water leaks, etc ? Not sure if this would help...
Im not sure how much its going to cost to have belts replaced, but im sure its worth replacing if not expensive?

Can you run a car without certain belts? I know you can run without auxilary (correct me if im wrong), but the alternator, etc wont charge, power steering wont work... but might help diagnose where the issue lies.

(im not a mechanic, but just trying to think of issues from my previous cars)
The Gimp (Shane)
TF054

Facebook: Clicky

FGrob

Quote from: "The Gimp"Can you run a car without certain belts? I know you can run without auxilary (correct me if Im wrong), but the alternator, etc wont charge, power steering wont work... but might help diagnose where the issue lies.

(Im not a mechanic, but just trying to think of issues from my previous cars)
You can run them for a short period, but remember your water pump is also driven by this belt and it will overheat after a period of time.

Power steering is an electric pump at the front on the car   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Rob.
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

The Gimp

Quote from: "FGrob"You can run them for a short period, but remember your water pump is also driven by this belt and it will overheat after a period of time.
Power steering is an electric pump at the front on the car   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
Rob.

Cheers Rob  s;) ;) s;)
Maybe worth removing the aux belt, give it a rev ... listen to see if the whistle is still there then?
My mate has a supercharger sound coming from his car yesterday, due to a loose belt... Might be an idea to check tension on all belts?
The Gimp (Shane)
TF054

Facebook: Clicky

Tags: