whining noise

Started by rosco1209, February 22, 2010, 23:25

rosco1209

when im doing about 10-20mph no noise
but as soon as you pick up speed, sounds like its coming from thre front drivers side wheel, any ideas.
standered car with standered wheels, many thanks

Mike68

possibly wheel bearing
Ex Silver MR-S

Now - Mica Red bug eye Scooby with blobeye front end conversion, Ninja 2 turbo back exhaust, HKS dump valve, prodrive fuel pump, prodrive 3 port turbo solenoid, BC Racing coilovers, K Sport 8 pot front brakes, VF35 turbo, 550 injectors, japspeed front mount intercooloer, 18" Kei RSS alloys, blobeye rear lights, tumble valve delete using JDM inlet manifold. Map completed by Race Dynamix 346 bhp, 340 lb torque

uktotty

or there is a wife in the car?

Mike68

you git, it hurts when I laugh!
Ex Silver MR-S

Now - Mica Red bug eye Scooby with blobeye front end conversion, Ninja 2 turbo back exhaust, HKS dump valve, prodrive fuel pump, prodrive 3 port turbo solenoid, BC Racing coilovers, K Sport 8 pot front brakes, VF35 turbo, 550 injectors, japspeed front mount intercooloer, 18" Kei RSS alloys, blobeye rear lights, tumble valve delete using JDM inlet manifold. Map completed by Race Dynamix 346 bhp, 340 lb torque

nathanMR2

My monies on corroded discs at the back   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

rosco1209

if your insoecting the wheek, what signs are you looking for if you have coroded discs

nathanMR2

Mine looked fine on inspection. It wont be until you get the discs off that you'll see how good or bad they are.

Mine were awful.

See the How section on how to removed the discs. If youve had the car for abit and you dont know when the discs were last done, it would be well worth doing anyway
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

mrzwei

Just to eliminate the wheel bearing, the traditional garage test is to drive the car and 'wiggle' the steering wheel from side to side (not full lock to full lock but just get the wheels moving and obviously on a straight stretch of road. The noise should ingrease and diminish if you have a worn bearing. Can be difficult to isolate the side though and you don't necessarily feel much movement with the wheel jacked up.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

rosco1209

garage confimed wheel bearing, hole hub unit required, anyone know of anywhere to get one cheao

Mike68

You could try a local motor factors, if not then it's a call to Mr T. Not sure about 2nd hand ones, I personally would go for new but that's before I know the cost.
Ex Silver MR-S

Tags: