Wynns Supremium Petrol 250ml

Started by nathanMR2, February 26, 2010, 12:42

nathanMR2

Whats peoples views on this? Im due to have a emanage and remap soon and intend to travel to france. Im alittle worried i might not be able to get prem unleaded along the way and will have to go for the normal stuff.

Is this stuff any good and its on discount at the moment down from £5.99 to £1.49. Im guessing you wont get the gains that the Shell V power will give you?

Heres the read up-----

Wynns Supremium petrol fuel treatment upgrades the quality of regular petrol fuel to premium petrol fuel. Allowing you to drive more miles/km with a full tank.

Fuel Treatment Provide the following benefits:

Reduces fuel consumption
Reduces engine noise
Protects against engine wear
Increases engine power
Reduces exhaust gasses by up to 30%Recommended for petrol cars with all engine types.
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Anonymous

Premium unleaded is more available in France than over here as long as you're not going too far off the beaten track  s:) :) s:)

Just get any old octane booster and carry that with you, but since you're still NA you could just unplug the EMB and go back to the stock ECU only if things get that bad for a few miles.

nathanMR2

Im still considering unpluging it whilst im over there but im not sure once its fitted if ill be able to bring myself to do it   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Whats the name of the octane booster you have ever used?

Anonymous

I've used just about every type going I think!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  That stuff you posted will be fine as long as it's a proper octane booster (should say on the side somewhere) rather than just a treatment, but I'd stick with something from Halfrauds with Octane Booster written on the side.

Mad Matt

I've been driving in France for years and have never had a problem finding 98 there. I think I once had to drive to another town in a remote mountain area, other than that, no worries.

I took the back roads to the Alps in a re-mapped Barchetta in 2008, for example, and could always find 98 for it.

nathanMR2

s8) 8) s8)

muffdan

Two trips to Corfu and back, every station we stopped at sold super unleaded. I wouldn't even worry about it.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

mrzwei

What is it about this island? As has been said, you will have no problem finding premium petrol in mainland Europe, probably cheaper and you won't have to fill up using a jerry can. EU rant over   s:D :D s:D  .
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

muffdan

Some places give you a choice of Super, or Super-Super. One place was selling 105 octane!
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Tags: