High Idle Speed in Winter with new O2 Sensor

Started by 51ice, March 16, 2010, 20:30

51ice

I have replaced a O2 sensor recently, the one at the very end of the exhaust (Bank1 Sensor2). This sensor was purchaed from USA Amazon Denso 234-4209 Universal Oxygen Sensor http://www.amazon.com/Denso-234-4209-Universal-Oxygen-Sensor/dp/B000C5WCUE/ref=au_pf_ss_2?ie=UTF8&n=15684181&s=automotive&carId=002

After changing, the initial idle speed is still very high (2000rpm), need around 5 minutes to reduce to 800rpm.
I am not sure whether this is normal to everyone or it's the new sensor heater not work effectively.

The voltage for Bank1 sensor 2 is 0 at beginning and takes 30 seconds to have some value on.
The idle speed slow down untill the B1S2's value near B1S1 B2S1's.

I measure the resistance of these three sensors:

B1S1:  14 ohm
B1S2:  16.5 ohm
B2S1:  14 ohm

Does anyone have the same problem with me?

The Lum

I've noticed that since getting my new engine installed that the car idles about 1500 when cold but comes down to 800 fairly soon. Dont remember it idling that high when I first got it but only had it a little while before the engine went and it wasnt very cold so cant say for def.
The man. The legend. The Lum

Anonymous

Sounds totally normal.

tigracat

Sounds exactly like mine,,,,,,  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

Mike
02 mr2 in silver with ht, mags, quad exhaust, pioneer cd, dvd double din player, debadged and de pre catted, custom arm rest, Style bar, dev keyhole covers, K&N cone air filter.
Suzuki Bandit 1200 totally mirror polished show bike.
09 Mini cooper s.
2011 Mazda Miyako 2l

51ice

Quote from: "tigracat"Sounds exactly like mine,,,,,,  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  

Mike

When I bought this car, same time last year, the idle speed initially was 1000rpm, maybe this year is much cold than last year, hope so.

Wabbitkilla

Sounds pretty normal to me too.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

roger

+1

Even keeping it in a "warm" garage idle isn't back to normal before I get to work on cold days. Can't be too good for the car   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

OK only 2 miles, but at least 5 minutes.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

the idle speed initially was 1000rpm.....  really???  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

SimonC_Here

Quote from: "anntaylor"the idle speed initially was 1000rpm.....  really???  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

yes?

Anonymous

Quote from: "anntaylor"the idle speed initially was 1000rpm.....  really???  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Am I missing something,I don't get it.Is it a joke about shoes?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: