The Turbo the MR2 vs Just buy a faster car argument

Started by stargazer30, March 19, 2010, 14:59

AC

Good choice  s:) :) s:) .

Get yourself a medical first (due to G force  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ) and budget for many spare pairs of socks   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   (mine still get blown off everytime I drive it, the socks that is).

[size=85]The famous Walter Rohrl once said "Stay away from rear-wheel-drive cars unless.......", I had to agree on one particular occasion, but we did live happily ever after (apart from the trousers, they were a write off).

ChrisGB

Quote from: "AC"Good choice  s:) :) s:) .

Get yourself a medical first (due to G force  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ) and budget for many spare pairs of socks   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   (mine still get blown off everytime I drive it, the socks that is).

Probably ought to budget for new pants until you get used to deploying the extra shove out of corners as well  s:D :D s:D

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

stargazer30

Quote from: "muffdan"which package?

Just the 200bhp one for now, but may well get the extra bits later since the clutch will already be upgraded.
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

andywood

Why not pay the little extra to get a load more when it is in being done??
I am going to be back in the same boat soon (hopefully!) when my piggy-bank lets me choose between the options.
I originally only planned to go for the standard package (200) and keep my standard CAT and TTE exhaust. I am not sure what the higher package would deliver with the standard CAT and TTE exhaust, but just don't know how to decide if the extra bang for buck is worth it??
Just think that if i make the big decision to go the SP turbo route, may as well go for the higher output one!

Andy.
2003 Silver + Stuff = [strike]235bhp/225lbft[/strike],  + rethink = 195bhp

Kool PT

Having a broken 1zz in mine and having totally lost interest in the car up to this point, I've 99% committed to a 1mz conversion courtesy of OlberMotive. A low-end/high miles Elise was the nearest temptation, then I realised that I didn't have 8k to spend on a fun car.

I thought to myself that I'd rather make this car brilliant again, enjoy it for another while and then whenever I come to sell it, I'll have something that really stands out to enthusiasts and those seeking performance on the higher end of the scale.
PT\'s Cruiser: Black 2000 MR2 Roadster V6

3.0L 1MZ-FE V6, Ferrari 355 exhaust, Cusco FSTB, Tein S.Tech springs.

Tags: