Standard shocks?

Started by fstsven, March 5, 2004, 21:25

fstsven

Hello everyone!  As a new MR2 owner (from Belgium btw) I have a few questions, some of which you will undoubtedly encounter in the other forums. But let me start with this one: I'm considering fitting Eibach lowering springs (in fact they are on order as we speak, couldn't help myself   s:) :) s:)   ) as I have heard and read that they improve the already fantastic handling no end.  Question is, knowing my car has done about 20000 miles, can I retain the stock dampers or should I change those as well?  Oh, and what d'you reckon is the projected lifespan of the dampers?  Thanx already!
2004 fire red TOYOTA MR
K&N air filter
BLUEFLAME single exhaust
APEX progressive rate springs (-30mm)
3.ORACING breastplate
TOYO proxes R1R 205/50/15(f)-225/45/16(r)
25 kgs extra lightness

Anonymous

Shouldn't be too much of a problem unless your 2 has been driven extremely hard the OEM shocks should still have a fair amount of life left. Also the TTE springs are designed to be used with the stock shocks and most people's consensus is that the TTEs are the same as the Eibachs

Slacey

Agreed, they should be OK for a long time yet... are you fitting the springs yourself? If so, any problems you get just put the stock springs back on and claim under warranty  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

fstsven

Thanx for the advice guys!  I'm not fitting them myself: love driving, but a lousy mechanic   s:) :) s:)  .  As for the warranty, no problem since there isn't any left   s:( :( s:(
2004 fire red TOYOTA MR
K&N air filter
BLUEFLAME single exhaust
3.ORACING breastplate
25 kgs extra lightness

dreambackup

do you think a strut brace is need with those TTE 30mm lowering springs?  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "dreambackup"do you think a strut brace is need with those TTE 30mm lowering springs?  s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:    s:?: :?: s:?:

anything like that will help, but i dont think its 'needed' so to speak.

fstsven

The springs are on order and should be fitted within 1-2 weeks. I'll keep you guys posted on whether additional bracing is needed or not ( half of Belgian roads are V E R Y badly surfaced...  I keep wondering where my road tax is going...   s:? :? s:?    Oh, of course, speed cameras!   s:x :x s:x   )
2004 fire red TOYOTA MR
K&N air filter
BLUEFLAME single exhaust
3.ORACING breastplate
25 kgs extra lightness

dreambackup

did you order the TTEs? is it possible to know what you paid for those?
[size=67]2003 Toyota MR-S 1E3 SMT w/ hardtop, red painted calipers & red J-Spec nose badge, PPE intake w/ Apex\'i air filter, Way-Do TRD + C1 springs, front C1 sway bar, TRD front strut tower brace, Corky\'s breastplate, 1E3 Dev keyhole covers, Che header, Remus dual[/size]

fstsven

No, I've ordered the Eibachs, but they're said to be identical to TTE.  I'll let you know the price on delivery as I don't know it exactly yet: my mate is a mechanic in an independent garage, so he didn't know the exact price when I ordered; I said don't bother, want them anyway!    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    Should know it later this week though, keep you posted!
2004 fire red TOYOTA MR
K&N air filter
BLUEFLAME single exhaust
3.ORACING breastplate
25 kgs extra lightness

Anonymous

I think a front strut brace will transform the car for very little cost.  The difference is amazing.

Tags: