Electric window problem

Started by The Lum, March 23, 2010, 21:27

The Lum

Just done a quick search and couldnt find what I was looking for.

This morning when I went out to the car I went to put the passengers window down to clear the mirror of condensation and noticed that it would not go down. The drivers side goes up and down no problem. I noticed that with the heaters on when I press the button for the drivers window you hear the heaters dip as the charge is taken to the window. If i press the passengers button there is no dip in power etc.

So basicully any thoughts on the cause of the problem?

My first thought is a blown fuse but unsure where the internal fuse box is so any help there would be great. Other thought was maybe a rely and final thought was maybe as daft as the wiring coming off the switch?

Thanks in advance.
The man. The legend. The Lum

aaronjb

Is it this by any chance?
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "aaronjb"Is it this by any chance?

Oh god, i hope so.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

The Lum

BLOODY WOMAN!!!!

Just went out and yes thats exactly what it was. As soon as I mentioned it she said she had been pushing the buttons the other day while I was hoovering out the interior.

Please start the humiliational ceremony now so I can get it over and done with lol.

Anonymous

My new sig line,

The man. The legend. The Lum   l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28916&p=355182#p355182 l

muffdan

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

We should make people that have fallen foul of this include a tag in their signatures. You know, so everyone else knows they need to talk real simple like, so they don't misunderstand anything.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

The Lum

Haha Nelix thats classic.

Muffdan yeah probably thats not a bad shout. I would like to hope that I would have figured it out eventually but at 7am this morning on my 2 min drive to work I just thought fuck it I'll sort it later. However it still might have took a while lol.

muffdan

I've done it myself but thankfully figured it out without posting about it! It's so easy to forget that button exists! Never again though. Once you've done it once, you never do it again.
Jason
[size=80]\'00 Cape Green MR2 with Hard top, A/C & Leather - SP Turbo - 320bhp[/size]
[size=100]AEM - [/size][size=96]ARP - [/size][size=92]Crower - [/size][size=88]Cusco - [/si

Anonymous

Doh!

Tags: