Broken Light

Started by SimonC_Here, March 6, 2004, 13:51

SimonC_Here

Anyone know why this would happen to my light?

Click on the image for a high res one (>1mb)

It is the drivers side headlight. The 2 bits look like someone had a go at them with a a soldering iron!
Any one know how many attachments to the body work each light has?

Simon

Slacey

Doesn't look too healthy does it? I've no idea why thay broke like that  s:? :? s:?  
Are you still under warranty Simon?
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Slacey's right... very strange.

I wonder if something's been rubbing on it (bonnet or something), rather than someone with heat.

I'm off to fill up the washer fluid in a while, so I'll take a look and see what state mine are in.

<edit>
Nope, mine are still in one piece, no signs of melting, friction or anything like that.... very strange.
</edit>

SimonC_Here

According to MrT, the light has been broken at some point and then plastic wealded back together again.

Wonder what else the previous owners left for me to find!

Anyway, I have an extended warrenty and the bloke from Mr T said although it would not be covered by warrenty normally, he will report it as a misting headlight and see if they will cough up a new one. Failing that, it looks like the broken parts might be replaceable seperately grand total of £3.50 + labour and VAT (groan).

Great service from a MrT (In Oxford so not my usual one).

Simon

SimonC_Here

Well I am a happy bunny,
The light was replaced under (extended) warrenty dropped it in this morning thinking I would have to wait the whole day until they could fit it in, just got into town and the phone rings. Would I like to pick it up again as they had a cancelations and did mine first.     s8) 8) s8)  

Great service again from Mr T in Oxford.

Simon

Tags: