3 beeps / tones while driving at high speed.

Started by Anonymous, March 26, 2010, 11:12

Anonymous

Hi Folks,

I'm a brand new owner of a MR2 Roadster , and have had the car give me 3 loud tones while driving on the motorway - no warning lights on the dash.

It has happened 3 times, never in 30/40 zones and there doesn't seem to be a pattern (e.g leaving motorway, braking, accellerating)

Today I was in 5th at 70/75 and the three tones came while just cruising - they are not the same sounds as the car door open beep, and it seems to be coming from directly above the radio (I'm pretty sure the tones are not from the radio).

Can anyone give me any guesses?

nathanMR2

Is your radio on when this happens? Is it a Sony?
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Anonymous

yes it usually is, and its a sony. doh!

nathanMR2

Sony head units beep 3 times when you turn the ignition off to remind you to remove the facia. Loose connection maybe?
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Anonymous

thanks! it might be that. i took it on a 200 mile drive today tho and noticed that it happens specifically when i hit 80. if i go to 80 i can make the tones come everytime. same happens decellerating through 80 too. this seems strange that i can recreate it at will.

tigracat

Do you have a Sat Nav fitted, I can set mine to sound an alarm when I exceed a certain speed.

Mike
02 mr2 in silver with ht, mags, quad exhaust, pioneer cd, dvd double din player, debadged and de pre catted, custom arm rest, Style bar, dev keyhole covers, K&N cone air filter.
Suzuki Bandit 1200 totally mirror polished show bike.
09 Mini cooper s.
2011 Mazda Miyako 2l

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately I reckon that I've not really explained the tones correctly , as they are nothing like the beeps from Traffic reports, or even the dashboard / door alarms.

I've found someone else that had the same issue - but no solution ->
 m http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde ... ntry913019 m

She described the noise much better - it's like the noise you hear on an airplane that the flight attendants get during take off and landing (its exactly this noise).

Dyn-Evo

My first thought was the Sony head unit signal......simple to test though: remove the front panel, drive the car, see if it stops the beeping, or not...!   s:) :) s:)  

If your car is an import, perhaps there's a bong for speed limiting......?
Current: 2006 Toyota Corolla T-Sport COMPRESSOR 215hp, Silver, totally stock!
EX]V6[/color]  \":-)\"   )
Black Leather interior, "micro-lip" rear spoiler, Refurbed OEM 15" Pewter Metallics, Cobra Quad-Exit, HEL SS braided hoses, EBC pads, AEM DryFlow CAI.
Ex: "NightHawk" MR2 Mk1 4AG-ZE AE101 S/C conversion (170hp), water injection
Ex: MR2 Mk1b stock 4AGE

E

Quote from: "Dyn-Evo"If your car is an import, perhaps there's a bong for speed limiting......?
That was my first thought.

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies.

Speed warning was also a thought, but I can rule that out as it now does it at other speeds too 20, around 40 etc.

It's weird, a Toyota dealer is looking at it now, so I'll let you know if I do find out what it is

Tags: