My 1.8 to 4.2 V8 Conversion

Started by Paulm, March 29, 2010, 19:54

MrMorgan

Quote from: "JoeCool"I forsee... another ebay advert in the near future...
Yeah maybe I can't make any promises am just going to put it im my garage and have a go

MrMorgan

Quote from: "rbuckingham"Thought so, I know it's been running before but the lack of subframe is what i think the main issue is. Best to speak to Paul at woodsport as he started the whole thing.
Thanks bud

CrazySX

It would make a very interesting car once done. Nothing that can't be done if you have the skills. Are you a mechanic by trade? If so shouldn't be too hard. Obviously there is a lot to consider and not easy by any means. But the reason I ask is because for an enthusiast like myself  (although I know a fair but) it's a massive undertaking. You would need good tools, good fabrication skills and to be able to weld at a minimum.

jeffsimply

I bet you could pull wheelies in that if you finish it!

MrMorgan

Quote from: "CrazySX"It would make a very interesting car once done. Nothing that can't be done if you have the skills. Are you a mechanic by trade? If so shouldn't be too hard. Obviously there is a lot to consider and not easy by any means. But the reason I ask is because for an enthusiast like myself  (although I know a fair but) it's a massive undertaking. You would need good tools, good fabrication skills and to be able to weld at a minimum.
No I'm an electrician by trade but did train as a mechanic and do it as a hobby now but I can weld. Like I said I will just have a go

CrazySX

Quote from: "revamster@gmail.com"
Quote from: "CrazySX"It would make a very interesting car once done. Nothing that can't be done if you have the skills. Are you a mechanic by trade? If so shouldn't be too hard. Obviously there is a lot to consider and not easy by any means. But the reason I ask is because for an enthusiast like myself  (although I know a fair but) it's a massive undertaking. You would need good tools, good fabrication skills and to be able to weld at a minimum.
No I'm an electrician by trade but did train as a mechanic and do it as a hobby now but I can weld. Like I said I will just have a go
I think all of us are gunning for this to happen. So we will support you best we can. Anything u need, just shout!

MrMorgan

Quote from: "rbuckingham"Thought so, I know it's been running before but the lack of subframe is what i think the main issue is. Best to speak to Paul at woodsport as he started the whole thing.
Email wood sports today and they said its nothing to do with them not sure if the email when to Paul himself and maybe it was a privet project but it's nothing to do with woodsport

Jrichards20

[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

MrMorgan

Well I finally got it on Monday it was waiting for me when I got home.
Flat tyres wires hanging out the bottom it's a bit green on the out side and a bit dusty on the in side.
This cars not been looked after since poul first sold it.

CrazySX

Get a garden hose on it. U will soon see the light  s;) ;) s;)

MrMorgan

Yeah that's the easy bit

MrMorgan

It might be a bit early to be thinking about it but can I swap the clocks for the mrs clocks that go up to 180 mph?
Is it a striaght swap or not

cabbydave

Its plug and play

Tags: