My 1.8 to 4.2 V8 Conversion

Started by Paulm, March 29, 2010, 19:54

ChrisGB

Quote from: "custardavenger"Hats off to you for doing it. I'd love to know what the cost per BHP is at the end of it.   s:D :D s:D

Quote from: "muffdan"EPIC.

Probably answers it accurately.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

OlberJ

You'd be surprised again, think the ballpark figure of home build was around £5k.

Over to Paul...
Black 1MZ V6 - TTE Springs - 17" wheels - F355 exhaust - LSD and ST182 FD - aka Black Bob Jnr

http://www.olbermotive.com

Paulm

For the 360 bhp I'm looking for at the moment its running at £4.5K so thats about £12.00/ bhp, that does include £1000 for a DTA ecu, which you could get away without using and kepng with the stock ecu.

The upgrade path is pretty exciting tho....assuming the thing works in teh first place !   s:P :P s:P
Performance:  4.2ltr V8 380hp conversion - DTA S80 ECU- DTA S80 EMS - Ferrari F360 exhaust - de-Cat\'d
Handling : Brace bars front & rear - EBC Drilled and Grooved - 205/225/40/17 - ETA Beta Alnir\'s- 2\'s rUS drop links - Ultimate breastplate
Future uprades - Supercharger- Ultimate floorpan brace and front brace - 355mm discs - Widebody kit

s12vea

She will be amazing to drive and with a v8 sound track what more can you ask for!!  :-) :-) :-)  it's gonna have that grin fact the moment she fires up!!
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

scottish_turbo

Wow! A lot of hard work gone in to this. Well done. Hopefully we will get to see some videos of this on the strip (with sound).

Paulm

Cheers Fella's

Obviously had to move the fuel tank forward so I've recreated one up front, using an external walbro but the original sender and pipework, the tank is liquid sealed, baffled and foam filled for fire protection.

I've also improved the brakes, I'll start with the grooved discs with ebc pads and then go up to the carbotech pads and then to multi-pot if theres not enough efficiency.

I've also put in a new rad and some extra bracing,

this is the custom flywheel, coming in at 8Kg instaed of the original 16Kg for the dual mass.

Performance:  4.2ltr V8 380hp conversion - DTA S80 ECU- DTA S80 EMS - Ferrari F360 exhaust - de-Cat\'d
Handling : Brace bars front & rear - EBC Drilled and Grooved - 205/225/40/17 - ETA Beta Alnir\'s- 2\'s rUS drop links - Ultimate breastplate
Future uprades - Supercharger- Ultimate floorpan brace and front brace - 355mm discs - Widebody kit

uktotty

LOL that rad looks far to familiar.

Have you found the bleed valves yet?

E

Dear Father Christmas.

Paulm

Quote from: "uktotty"LOL that rad looks far to familiar.

s;) ;) s;)  whose do you thnink it might be ???

Paulm

Quote from: "s12vea"She will be amazing to drive and with a v8 sound track what more can you ask for!!  :-) :-) :-)  it's gonna have that grin fact the moment she fires up!!
TBH when it fires up it actually makes me physically jump, its so crisp and loud and thats at about 1000rpm, god knows what 7000rpm sounds like !

I guess its due to having a un restricted exhaust system thats only 400mm long and staright itno the Ferrari exhaust unit, which is chambered !

uktotty

Quote from: "Paulm"

Well its not the Koyo so looks like the 2fast2crap version which doesnt fit????????????

Paulm

Quote from: "uktotty"
Quote from: "Paulm"

Well its not the Koyo so looks like the 2fast2crap version which doesnt fit????????????

Hmmm, this one does so I guess its not either   s:?: :?: s:?:  

OlberJ

Is that not the standard rad Paul? Looks awfy thin.
Black 1MZ V6 - TTE Springs - 17" wheels - F355 exhaust - LSD and ST182 FD - aka Black Bob Jnr

Paulm

No Ollie, I think thats just the anlge of the photo, IIRC its about 2" thick

uktotty

and does it have bleed valves?

Paulm

Does now   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

OlberJ

Quote from: "Paulm"No Ollie, I think thats just the anlge of the photo, IIRC its about 2" thick

Tres wierd, it looks like it's got the black plastic ends in that pic too.

It's exactly how i'll be doing mine with an ebay el cheapo and welding a lug on for a bleed valve.

Paulm

Heres a comparison beween the two

and probably a slightly better image of the alighment when fitted.

Also had a chance to machine up a breastplate, which fits well

Aklso finished some of the wiring now so the engine starts on the key !

Paulm

Got the front end finished today and tidied up, so its nice to see sections of the car being completed.

JiMR2

Any chance of posting up a video to hear it turning over and at idle please?  s:) :) s:)

Looks awesome btw!  s:) :) s:)
AKA Cinnamon Jim

Paulm

Theres an early one on you tube, but I'll post a new one as I've altered the exhausts since

Treboeth

Paul where are you with this conversion?

Stifler

Liking the fuel tank in the front, very Muira, careful the nose has enough weight with light fuel to let you steer!  s;) ;) s;)

Epic build btw.

ChuckyBru

Good grief!  Can't wait to see (and hear) this beast run.  Do you know what the final weight will be?
[size=85]Charlie
2001... with added
TTET. [/i]
My fuel consumption.[/size]

dcod

(Jaw drops to floor)

Don't want to be a software test engineer anymore ... I want to be a mechanic and build cool stuff!
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

Tags: