My 1.8 to 4.2 V8 Conversion

Started by Paulm, March 29, 2010, 19:54

aglassinthesink

How have I not read this? Brilliant work so far, want to p/x?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
-Paul

[size=85]2006 Toyota mr2 in silver. K&N 57i Gen 2, JDM badge and a blingy engine bay[/size]

Paulm

Hi All,
Nearly done, got to pick up a new driveshaft on Tuesday, re-bleed the clutch and then we're underway.........The unfortunately i'll be selling her as I need the money for another project   s:? :? s:?  

in weight terms I'm thinking i'm adding about an extra 100kg, which is sort of like a fat mate sat in the car, all the weight is inside the wheelbase, so not expecting too much change in balance although , the changing weight of the fuel tank up front, might take some getting use to   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:
Performance:  4.2ltr V8 380hp conversion - DTA S80 ECU- DTA S80 EMS - Ferrari F360 exhaust - de-Cat\'d
Handling : Brace bars front & rear - EBC Drilled and Grooved - 205/225/40/17 - ETA Beta Alnir\'s- 2\'s rUS drop links - Ultimate breastplate
Future uprades - Supercharger- Ultimate floorpan brace and front brace - 355mm discs - Widebody kit

ChrisHumes

Ok Paul, I've got a spare £2k you can have for it! Bet it will go and sound superb!

Paulm

Quote from: "ChrisHumes"Ok Paul, I've got a spare £2k you can have for it! Bet it will go and sound superb!
With £2K, it depends which 1/4 you get as to whether it'll go and sound great   s:D :D s:D
Performance:  4.2ltr V8 380hp conversion - DTA S80 ECU- DTA S80 EMS - Ferrari F360 exhaust - de-Cat\'d
Handling : Brace bars front & rear - EBC Drilled and Grooved - 205/225/40/17 - ETA Beta Alnir\'s- 2\'s rUS drop links - Ultimate breastplate
Future uprades - Supercharger- Ultimate floorpan brace and front brace - 355mm discs - Widebody kit

ChrisHumes

nice reply! are you going to do a 0-60 test and a few videos once finished Paul?

Paulm

Certainly, I'm not too far from the pod, so it'd be rude not to...time permitting

Sonner

Mmmm really wishing i had £8000 right now!

s12vea

Any updates on this...?
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

stargazer30

sorry posted in error  :-) :-) :-)  wrong thread
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

iPap

Quote from: "stargazer30"I'm tempted to get one of these.  Anyone used this type of brace vs the SP brace that goes from sill to sill vs just the centre tunnel?  I'd be interested to see if the centre braces are nearly as good as the SP ones.

That's what I'm wondering!
2001, Black MR2, Elise Leather Seats, Aircon and Factory TTE Kit, BC Coilovers, SP Brace, Corkys Front Brace, Devs\' Front Bushes, Rebuilt Toyota 1ZZ Engine, Head and Six Speed Box, Cobra Twin Exhaust, Decat Manifold, Short Shift and Solid Bushes, etc...

chopper

Holly cow that awesome dude you are the man and how can you build your own Ferrari eater and just sell it my god id sell a ball for a 900kg car with a v8 id say its nuts

makes me think what on earth the next project you have in mind could be

s12vea

Was this fantastic project ever finished?!
TF204 Blue

trickyD

+1 to that question...
[size=85]Black 2003 FL Roadster - sold [/size]

Bits for sale!

My Guide to Refurbishing Alloy Wheels

Tyrechief

Ditto

chris3boro

Some project! Can't help but wonder how all that engine weight affects the handling balance, but nevertheless!

loadswine

I suppose it is academic now, as we don't know exactly how it turned out, but don't forget the weight would have been more evenly spread than in a normal installation due to the north south arrangement. I have had a 2 with a heavier engine and it really doesn't make that much difference.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

chris3boro

Quote from: "loadswine"I suppose it is academic now, as we don't know exactly how it turned out, but don't forget the weight would have been more evenly spread than in a normal installation due to the north south arrangement. I have had a 2 with a heavier engine and it really doesn't make that much difference.

Fair enough, just seemed a hell of a lot of engine going on! Would love to have a go in it if finished though, must be rather torquey!

Raw

Hi.  Just to keep you all informed.   I have now bought this project and should have it all completed by Mid August.

Dropping the engine next week to make sure all is OK with the mechanics.  This will then all be put back together and shipped off to RaceTech in Sheffield on 27th July for them to build a new wiring loom for the aftermarket ECU and tune it on their rolling road.   All it needs then is an MOT and it's away.

I'll take some more photos etc and drop them on here over the next few weeks - Hopefully the odd video link when it's on the rolling road.

Anonymous

First time I'd seen that! Brilliant I really hope it gets finished

tomaky

EXCELLENT!
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

Topdownman

Good to hear this is going to be finished.

Hope it goes smoothly and you are driving it soon.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Raw

With the standard motor producing approx 340bhp we are having a fast road ECU setup we feel we should be in the 370bhp area.

This coupled with the gear ratios should come out at a 0-60 of about 4sec and a 0-100 in around 8.5sec.   With the launch control (part of the ECU setup) we would be looking for a sub 12sec 1/4 mile.

s12vea

Will look forward to seeing and hearing this one!
Glad someone has taken over the project  s:) :) s:)
TF204 Blue

MrStev3

Much insanity....   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:
Mitsuko the mr2
federal rsr, lenso spec c wheels, ebc turbo grooved discs, ebc yellow stuff pads, tein springs, omp trs seat, Trs harness, rogue seat frames, k&n filter, stripped out interior, toyo sports manifold, Hardtop, rouge hardtop fitting kit, ultra racing front strut brace, Ultra racing lower rear brace, matts brace , kyb shocks, cobra quad exhaust,P&p cage

ayresyboy

Fantastic stuff.
SW20 Gen4 Turbo // SW20 1MZ V6

Tags: